iPoker traffic

• la55i
      la55i
      Hi guys!

I'm playing at Gala (iPoker) and I find it very surprising that there is no NL10 speed running. 20 tables of NL5 and 16 of NL20 but no NL10? I thought that after the merge the traffic would be much higher but I really haven't noticed anything. I want to play in a poker network that has good traffic and soft games. I can't have my pokerstars account tracked here so my only options are iPoker and 888poker. Does 888 have more traffic? I find this very troubling that I have to change network when I want to play higher stakes. :f_ugly:
  • 8 replies
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      I'm with you! I wanted to move up from NL5 Speed to NL10 Speed and couldn't, and realised the jump to NL20 is too big, so was forced to switch to stars if I wanted to try and move up (I'm currently still playing NL5 on iPoker to get my Pokerstrategy points for the month, but will be switching to stars as soon as I hit my target).

See the second post on my blog from 20th July from where I discussed it (with some great input from teddypoker)

Would be great if Pokerstars allowed players to switch affiliates tracking (I know it will never happen) - and it would encourage affiliates to give added value throughout a players poker life (as Pokerstrategy does) rather than just make a quick buck from an early referral. It would be good for the site if it didn't force players to abandon their site because they're tracked to the wrong affiliate (I've got no idea at all who my Pokerstars account is tracked to) - I would without hesitation put all my play on pokerstars given a free choice, but am instead "forced" away by affiliate tracking - it sounds like you're the same.....
    • la55i
      la55i
      I created my pokerstars account before I joined pokerstrategy so it is not tracked. I really want to get my strategy points so I can access all the material here but if I can't play NL10 when my bankroll is big enough I might be forced to change site. I also have deposit bonus at Gala and I could clear it faster playing NL10 -.- .. But what about 888poker? According to pokerscout it is the second largest site and the traffic is a bit better than in ipoker but not much. Would I be able to play NL10 there? :f_biggrin:
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Yeah you simply can't play NL10 speed. It's very frustrating when moving up.

I've still never received a satisfactory answer as to why this is the case.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      There was a thread sometime back where a Speed reg stated that the rake structure is really bad at NL10. This weird gap has been happening at iPoker for quite some time. It is possible some are making the jump underrolled to NL20.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      There was a thread sometime back where a Speed reg stated that the rake structure is really bad at NL10. This weird gap has been happening at iPoker for quite some time. It is possible some are making the jump underrolled to NL20.
      Really? From what I remember when I played 20 on ipoker the rake was just as awful as 10, and now you don't even get good rb there.

Playing reg infested games with ~13bb/100 in rake (unless its changed in the last year) is just not a very good idea without great rakeback.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Looks like I have to go to stars after my first deposit bonus :f_cry: At first I played at microgaming (24hpoker) because I got good rakeback but then changed to ipoker hoping the traffic would be better... This really sucks. :f_mad:
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      If tables (stepping stones) are empty because of disproportionate rake, that's a catastrophic error from iPoker management......
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metza
      Playing reg infested games with ~13bb/100 in rake (unless its changed in the last year) is just not a very good idea without great rakeback.
      This comment has prompted me to double check the limits I am playing on iPoker (NL2 and NL5) - I've compared my results just for the last couple of months (since 1st June) and yes the iPoker rake is higher, BUT I'm still making a higher profit there than on Stars and the bottom line ("Net Profit") is really all that matters - if I'm making more, then the reality is that it doesn't really matter what the poker site cut is (though of course I'd like it to be as low as possible).

Of course Euros are worth more than dollars (for the moment...), so the comparison is even more favourable for iPoker.

No way for me to check rake at NL€10.