Poker during the holliday!

• bakkenb
      bakkenb
      Bronze
      I have though of the possibility that there may be easy cash during the holliday. Why? Beacuse there will probably be alot of bored people out there. And bored people try to find excitement. And this is where poker comes in to play. Bad players will probably flood the lower tables and give us a cashflow like we seldom see. Does anyone agree or disagree with me?
  • 2 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bakkenb
      I have though of the possibility that there may be easy cash during the holliday. Why? Beacuse there will probably be alot of bored people out there. And bored people try to find excitement. And this is where poker comes in to play. Bad players will probably flood the lower tables and give us a cashflow like we seldom see. Does anyone agree or disagree with me?
      Possibly.

I guess it's similar to what I picked up from one of the PS coaches/experienced player once in that around 5 to 6am (GMT) is slightly more profitable as it's when the U.S. players get home from drinking in the evening :D

Whilst useful to bear in mind, I personally just try to play my water tight A game all the time and appreciate that good times/bad times will ebb & flow.

Worth also noting that variance could actually make this a less profitable time. e.g. Your more likely to have a blind steal/re-steal called with any 2 live cards that can still catch. Part of your profitable strength is your table imagine and knowing that most will fold when you raise. This just doesn't happen with the occasional player or drunk player who will call with pretty much anything.

My theory is that you continue to play a nice tight steady game and let others make the mistakes around you.

Good luck.

Bart.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bakkenb
      Hey bakkenb,

I think you are partially right. On the one side there will be more fish at the tables due to the holidays, making the play quite lucrative. Of course the high fish density will also attract the shark - who also have more time than usual - which is why you should be very selective when choosing your tables :)

Best regards
      SoyCD