mbml
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:spade: , A:club:
      UTG1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) 5:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.70, UTG1 raises to $1.20 (All-In), Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($3.55) Q:heart:
      River: ($3.55) 6:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qs Ac)
      UTG1 shows high card queen with jack kicker (9s Jc)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Qs Ac)

i think i made the wrong move. but it turns out this guy is a crap player. should i have folded after the reraise?
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      hello mbml,

This hand is orientating based on maths so I will use the simplest form of math in Poker: rule of 2 and rule of 4.

Rule of 4 means that when a player goes All-in on the Flop so that there are 2 cards coming without any betting round, you can multiply your outs with Four if you are going to see 2 cards (From Flop to River).
      Then you know the winning percentages so for example 10 outs x4 = 40% winning chance from Flop to River.

From Turn to River , use the Rule-of-Two.

As played, you got 6 maximal outs which gives you 24% winning chance from Flop to River.

Calculating your pot odds to call:
      Pot + YourCbet + his All-inStack against your Call-bet which is $0.5 so:
      $1.15+$0.7+$1.2 :: $0.5
      $3.05 : $0.5
      6.1:1 -> 1/7.1 = 14% of winning chance you at least need to be profitable in the long run

Since 24% of winning chance is far higher than your required break-even equity of 14% as calculated, you can call this one profitably.

There is no way I am going to fold this hand :)

Does this makes sense?

Gerv
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Just as a parenthesis, couldn't you just say push with your cbet since the effective stacksize (if this is the correct term, that is to say, his stack) is less than twice your cbet?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Just as a parenthesis, couldn't you just say push with your cbet since the effective stacksize (if this is the correct term, that is to say, his stack) is less than twice your cbet?
      Well we refer to betting % of your stack but you are right yes , Hero should have go All-in as a c-bet.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      ah i see. i forgot about using pot odds to decide whether to call or not. too used to push/fold. thanks.