Hi I am Travis White AKA omahas best

• Traviswhite
      Traviswhite
      Global
      Hi my name is Travis White AKA Omahas best. I am from omaha, nebraska (obviously). I have been playing poker for a few years now and I have just a few sentances that describes poker in full. 65% luck, 15% stratagy, 20% patiance. That is the percentages of poker. Also that is the way I play. And the reason for only 15% stratagy is because no matter how much you know or how stratagic you are, you need the cards to perform those stratagies. 20% patiance because you need to have it to get the cards to perform you stratagy. As for the 65% luck...Thats just a big part because its a coin toss every hand, you never know anything...completely clueless at all time I feel. Its just a lot of luck.
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Travis & welcome to PokerStrategy.

You'll find it a great & friendly community here as well as all of the strategy guides, coaching sessions, sample hands etc.

Good luck at the tables and hope to see you around the forums soon.

Bart
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Travis and welcome to the boards,

Actually your 65% luck percentage is only applicable if you apply it to the short-run. If you are looking at 1 session - then luck can play a large role in how you do, but the more you expand the timeframe and the more hands you include the less luck plays a factor.

If you have played over a hundred thousand hands, the deciding factor of whether you are making money or losing money is not luck- its skill.

That is why we teach strategies, offer coachings, videos, etc to make long-term winning players out of our members ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Traviswhite
      Traviswhite
      Global
      First off I was wondering how do I know if I got a ticket? second i understand what you mean about the amount of hands but even if for all those hands you perform the stratagies, they dont always work because monster hands get cracked all the time...in fact probably about 65 percent of the time the better hand going in gets beat, in example i had pocket kings at a final table and went all in...was called by K Q off suit, crushed right...WRONG he hits a straight and I walk out with nothing. Even though I played the right way I still got beat. I just believe in my theory and might write a book soon.