What the hell am i doing wrong

• FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Gold
      Hello,

im playing the 1/2c micro deep ante tables and I cant seem to win at all I keep getting sucked out consistently specially in 3 bet pots am I really the fish?
      could somebody help lol
  • 18 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      idk man
    • Owl64
      Owl64
      Bronze
      You are on a wrong track, friend.

The right question to ask, when you want to win is.....

What are THEY doing wrong. (only then you think of being right/wrong yourself)

Hope i helped. :)
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Don't play deep
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Gold
      Could it be due to the fact there is apparently much higher variance at the 1/2c tables
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Not sure if you want this thread as blog. Otherwise I can always move it to the ‘No Limit’ section for example.

Cheers,
      SDK1987

Edit: moved it to No Limit section now :f_wink:
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Is it even HE?
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Gold
      I think I put it in the wrong place sorry also could the antes make the 1/2 1c antes unbeatable I noticed that in the 2/5c the anmtes are also 1c
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Are you using a hud while your play?
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Gold
      yes could I be using it incorrectly
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      I think at those stakes your get a lot more fish calling any 2 cards and the swings are much higher.
      On the .5/.10 I was still having the same swings.
      There is a tutorial series on setting up and using HM manager by Bogdan worth watching.

Link Text...

What HUD do you use? Also what is your bankroll and is it enough to go up a limit?
      Do you make notes also on the players ie. I use the colour green for fish and dark blue for a rock. . . .
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Gold
      hey metalmonkey80,
      my br was $88 now $170 I moved up a limit and read some articals on the basic stats vpip pfr and agg% It seems like I was using te stats incorrectly, saying that since I read them articals it seems I wasn't using them at all just looking at them
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Cheers Frozen Elf
      I had the same problem when first getting used to reading and understanding the HUD
      When I move from my natural game and alter decisions based on what I expect a villains stats to indicate (which is the idea) obviously as learners we are going to make a few mistakes. After some time, experience and thought it all starts to come together.
      Regards Michael
      :-)
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi FrozenElf,

Learning from our mistakes / miss understandings is always a good sign of progression. With me I still don't truly understand all the features of my Hud. When playing cash games I find a minimal hud really helps me, even to the point of just knowing the fish from the TAG and rocks. with that basic information it really helps me in my decision making, especially when i am multi tabling a lot of tables.
      Well done though on your $82 increase in your bank roll.
    • mattyvx
      mattyvx
      Bronze
      i don't play deep, especially wouldn't advise it for a beginning player as the mistakes most new players have of calling too much in the wrong spots are usually compounded - however it can be an interesting more complex game
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Gold
      Originally posted by mattyvx
      i don't play deep, especially wouldn't advise it for a beginning player as the mistakes most new players have of calling too much in the wrong spots are usually compounded - however it can be an interesting more complex game

i like playing deep poker yeah maybe its harder but i wont give up i will keep learning until i can beat or it until it kills me lol

Originally posted by GoOnCal1
      Cheers Frozen Elf
      I had the same problem when first getting used to reading and understanding the HUD
      When I move from my natural game and alter decisions based on what I expect a villains stats to indicate (which is the idea) obviously as learners we are going to make a few mistakes. After some time, experience and thought it all starts to come together.
      Regards Michael
      :-)

im hoping that this is a major leak in my game stopiign me from having a positive win rate

Originally posted by metalmonkey80
      Hi FrozenElf,

Learning from our mistakes / miss understandings is always a good sign of progression. With me I still don't truly understand all the features of my Hud. When playing cash games I find a minimal hud really helps me, even to the point of just knowing the fish from the TAG and rocks. with that basic information it really helps me in my decision making, especially when i am multi tabling a lot of tables.
      Well done though on your $82 increase in your bank roll.
      that's sort ofd what i did i read up on vpip and pfr and only used them stats for a few hours i added a few more now, can you give me some examples of player types based on stats is this correct

pfr/vpip
      10/15 = nit
      18/23 - 22/28 Tag
      22/28 - 27/32 lag
      0/35+ - 15/35+ cs
      30/35, 40/55 and so on maniac

is this sort of correct?
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      That's more or less correct. You will find that nits are often lower than that. You will see soon enough as you record hands on your hud.
      You also get some irregular ones like 17/5, 20/8, they tend to be loose passive and see a lot of cheap flops.
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FrozenElf
      I think I put it in the wrong place sorry also could the antes make the 1/2 1c antes unbeatable I noticed that in the 2/5c the anmtes are also 1c
      Antes wont make the game any more or less beatable - just different. The ante isn't rake - it goes into the prize pool for the winner of the hand.
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Gold
      since the start of this post my game has improved to a whole new level wow was I a fish before here is my graph of the hands I've played since mental monkey pointed out I was using my HUD incorrectly by saying I quote

Originally posted by metalmonkey80
      Are you using a hud while your play?

the first 800 hands was immediately after reading the article then things started to click together, I just wanted to share this with somebody :f_biggrin:

Thanks for getting involved with the discussion everybody it really helped a lot