This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

MSS Strategy full ring: 3-betting pocket 88 from the BB against the BTN, but one EP1 limper.

• scopinad
      scopinad
      Bronze
      Mid-Stack Strategy 3-betting chart says I can 3-bet the open raising BTN from the BB with pocket 88 (as a bluff of course), what if I have a limper from EP1? Can I still 3-bet 4bb? Can I do it? Or should I fold the pocket 88? I lost a hand doing it, wanted to know if I did the right thing. I am having trouble pasting the hand, just give me a general idea.
  • 1 reply
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Looks like no 1 is really interested in answering you’re question. So I will try it :f_wink:

First of all you can only 3bet if there is a raiser in the hand pre-flop. If someone limps from UTG you can’t use the 3bet chart. If I was a MSS player I would isolate the limper with a raise of 4bb in total like you would do as well in the BB with 88.

Hopefully helps this a little bit, but if you have more questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Cheers,
      SDK1987