This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

hey there (starting capital)

• RabidJ
      RabidJ
      Basic
      Hi everyone, my name is Jacob, or Jay in real life. I've been playing poker for about 3 months on a student salary, and in my opinion, I am decent, but still bad.

I've played pokerstars and partypoker before. I like how easy it is to get Party Points of PP, but the software is a bit crap. What site would you recommend to get the best of both worlds?
  • 2 replies
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      I like Full Tilt.

A lot of people don't like the 10% rake at NL10 (and who can blame them), but with the abundance of fish I find it to be a very suitable playing field. Good software IMO, you can get points relatively easy and they have a good variety of everything. Also you get 27% rakeback if you sign up with the PokerStrategy bonus code.

Cheers. :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey RabidJ and welcome,

Aside from the already mentioned Full Tilt, there are always the two big networks. On the one hand Titan/Mansion on the iPoker network which is certainly very fishy and allows you to select your tables well - and then the Ongame network for which we currently only have PokerRoom (soon Bwin). Although the software on both needs getting used to - they are very fish-rich (as is 888.com Pacific Poker btw.)

I would recommend simply trying the sites and choosing for yourself. Its a matter of taste really.

If you are willing to first deposit - Everest is actually also not bad. Especially since the $200 bonus we have there is supposedly very nice to clear.

Best regards
      SoyCD