Introducing me.

• shatteredaces
      shatteredaces
      Basic
      Hello everyone, I am not sure if I ever properly introduced myself to this forum, my apologies if I did not. My name is Steve, I play mostly on Pokerstars under the name of Holdemace486. I am not really a winning player but I do sometimes win.
      I will be honest and say that most poker forums have banned me for debating issues that I thought existed but could not prove they existed.
      I am not a bad person in general and love to play poker regardless of win's or losses.

I do believe I can play poker and I am an average player.

I would also like to share with you my boom player hands just to show the sort of game I play.

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands?search=holdemace486

Thank you for reading.
  • 8 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, shatteredaces,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

I hope that during your time here you've had a chance to go over at least some of the material.
      If you haven't I suggest you start with the SNG Lesson overview since you seem to play mostly SnGs

I had a peak at a few of your hands, and I didn't see anything outlandish.
      You are definitely more aggressive than I, however.

Do you use a tracker?

Best of luck,
      VS
    • shatteredaces
      shatteredaces
      Basic
      Hi Vorpal I do not use a tracker or do I use maths of any description in my game play, I think I just play naturally, I tend to have a good read on the game and players by observation alone. My playing history does not really reflect me as a player as often I ''mess'' about.
      My main play is sng's , I often have made final tables, has many as 8 final tables in a row, 45 man sng, and also several times a 'hat trick'' of first places in these.
      I have had some final table Mtt's with 1000's of runners, and have often finished in the late stages.
      On my sharkscope graph you can see at the start a huge downhill slope, then the instant I joined a poker school the slope levelled out, at one time I even started to climb back up the slope.
      But at the moment and for a good while I seem to be ''levelled out'', I can keep a small BR for a long time if I wish too, but it seems that I sort of sway up and down, win one , lose one, win one , lose one.
      I want to climb up the slope now and feel I only need to improve slightly, I will look over your Lesson overview and thank you for your opening advice.
      I have this feeling that ''I beat me'' and the problem is me rather than ability. Do you think I should set out some sort of goal?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by shatteredaces
      I have this feeling that ''I beat me'' and the problem is me rather than ability. Do you think I should set out some sort of goal?
      Hi, shatteredaces,
      Goals are good.

I suggest reading "The Mental Game of Poker" by Jared Tendler.
      In that book he discusses a lot of issues around how we think while playing, and has a number of techniques that can be used for combating tilt, among other things.

All the best,
      VS
    • shatteredaces
      shatteredaces
      Basic
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F

Hi, shatteredaces,
      Goals are good.

Thank you for that, I had heard of this book mentioned before but forgot the name of it, I certainly will look this up.

At the moment I am only playing $1 spin and goes on Pokerstars, I made a deposit of $30 several days ago and have now over $70 . I am trying to not get to excited , but do you think I should set a goal based on these spin and goes and use them for a BR builder?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, shatteredaces,
      I can't say much about Spin & Gos, because I don't play them (yet) and don't know diddly about them.

What sort of goals did you have in mind?
      Here are the sorts of goals I suggest:
      :diamond:   Play 20 games a day without regard for time.
      :diamond:   Play 4 hours a day then stop no matter how few games have been played.
      :diamond:   Play 20 games or 4 hours and stop when either limit is reached.

You can break up the games and play 5 sets of 4 for example.

I don't suggest setting goals based on how many games won -- sometimes variance makes such goals a source of extreme frustration.
      Frustration == not good.

Best of luck,
      VS
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Hi Shattered
      :-)
      There is little doubt, you have the tenaciousness to become a much better player.

Like Vorpal suggests, some modest goals, some learning developments, and I would like to say consider a tracker at some stage, as it helps with review and monitoring.
      Play within your budget and games you enjoy.
      Definitely follow Vorpals advice re mental game and own worst enemy stuff

Looking forward to seeing you develop a bad ass game
      Regards Michael
      :heart:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, shatteredaces,
      I thought I had seen every article but here's one I missed:
      Setting and reaching goals
      When I saw it, I thought of your question about Goals.

I didn't actually read it -- I hope it's useful to you.

Have a good weekend...
      VS
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Welcome, and best of luck not getting banned :f_biggrin: