[NL2-NL10] Steal from BB, SB completed

• PidKoker
      Known players:       

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Should I not make this move without stats, I just felt that this play was really weak, the 4BB raise was just to make him fold which it did was prepared to fold to a reraise.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , 9:diamond:
      7 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1.00, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ten with nine kicker (Th 9d)

Hero wins with high card ten with nine kicker (Th 9d)
  • 2 replies
    • IngolPoker
      i dont raise here

I would REALLY advise you to play basic SSS!! Lateron you will play a bit advanced, but start with the basics or you will have absolutely no clue what you are doing why.

Many people started step by step. Successfully. Be patient :)
    • burek2000
      Well, raises vs SB opencompleters are profitable indeed, but if you're still new to the game you'll have many difficulties in case you get called or reraised, so you can lose all the money you earnt by taking the pot preflop, so I would do as Ingol said, take one step at a time and when you know also how to play marginal hands postflop and you can decide which villains are worth raising against, then you'll make profit with more advanced moves like that.