thinking about ranges and combos

• FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      obviously I played this hand very badly. but what im asking is if this is the correct way to make a decision

when looking back over this hand villains stats were

1.3K sample
      VPIP-31
      PFR-13
      FTCB-53
      WTSD-27

so he's calling slightly looser preflop,

UTG: $19.75
      Hero (MP): $27.20
      CO: $16.38
      BTN: $65.65
      SB: $24.78
      BB: $38.01

standard open raise

Pre Flop: ($0.27) Hero is MP with K :club: A :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

with his stats + stack sizes i assigned him a range of AJ, AQ, TX, KO, KJ, QJ, A9s, A8s and 22 to call the flop with

Flop: ($1.17) T :spade: A :heart: 2 :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.84, CO folds, BTN calls $0.84

after he just calls the turn cbet his range looks something like this AJ, AQ, TX, KhOh, KhJh, QJ and A9s TX might fold im unsure about that

Turn: ($2.85) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.04, BTN calls $2.04

So on the river the if i devide the hand combinations between 2 catorgories hands that i beat that will call a value bet of 1/2 and hands that beat me

AJ, AQ, TX, KhOh, KhJh, QJ and A9s

AJ, AQ = 24 combos that will call a value bet
      QJ, T9s, A9s = 24 combos that now beat me im not 100% sure if this player will call with TX on the flop and turn i assumed he would
      TJ QT, KT, KhQh, KhJh =29 combos that will fold, 2 combos that might bluff

so basied on the combo's (forgive me if i made some mistakes im trying to learn about this) i should make a bet of half pot and fold to a raise since his weaker range is pretty much the same as his value range and also the odd time he randomly calls with a Tx

is this how i should be playing every hand or do i have this completely wrong lmao

River: ($6.93) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.96, BTN raises to $13.20, Hero calls $8.24

Final Pot: $33.33
      Hero mucks K :club: A :diamond:
      BTN shows J :spade: Q :spade: (a straight, Eight to Queen)
      BTN wins $31.83
      (Rake: $1.50)
  • 3 replies
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      CO calling Range-few SC pairs suited aces suited Broadways
      flop Bet for value vs 2nd pairs, TP draws and random floats... he jus calls but his range doesnt change much can still have draws monsters and made hands in his range

Turn is a good card for u, doesnt improve much of his made hands but does bring bk door flush out there, so bet is in order once he calls u can narrow his range down to remove monsters 2pair plus and random air so he likely has a draw or made hand which he wud like to get to SD

River looks like a blank card since i think most of his range for calling turn is made hands rather than draws id bet again

:f_o: RR..... cant be good... we showed strength throughout the hand so a bluff doesnt seem likely, he is in position so he can SD his made hands so his range has changed to either a monster or bluff which we already discounted so what monsters got there on river

T9 of hearts (made hand to most) will likely call to SD
      A9
      QJs

given we only have a made hand and we can discount bluffs and made hands its an easy fold
    • Kalecia
      Kalecia
      Bronze
      I would reduce combos of AJ calling the river for atleast half or even exclude them. Reg shouldn't call such a big bet on a river with AJ.

Anyway I think your assumptions about his river calling range are too wide especially vs such sizing if he is reg(you opened from MP). Vs fish ofc it's correct sizing
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      UTG: $19.75
      Hero (MP): $27.20
      CO: $16.38
      BTN: $65.65
      SB: $24.78
      BB: $38.01

Pre Flop: ($0.27) Hero is MP with K :club: A :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.17) T :spade: A :heart: 2 :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.84, CO folds, BTN calls $0.84

Turn: ($2.85) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.04, BTN calls $2.04

River: ($6.93) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.96, BTN raises to $13.20, Hero calls $8.24

Final Pot: $33.33
      Hero mucks K :club: A :diamond:
      BTN shows J :spade: Q :spade: (a straight, Eight to Queen)
      BTN wins $31.83
      (Rake: $1.50)