Hey Guys

• GarryFerguson
      GarryFerguson
      Basic
      Hey guys new to the forum and I'll be here to stay :)

Poker fanatic and been playing some time now but in the last 6 months - 1 year I've been takin it a lot more seriously.. books, strategy, maths, HUDs etc.

I am grinding 2NL atm and cash is my preferred game but I like the MTTs as well if I want to mix things up a little.

From the lovely Belfast...

See you about the forum
  • 6 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, GarryFerguson,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Glad to have you aboard.
      I see you're silver already, so no need to tell you about the points system.

You've been playing for a while, but even so, I think that the NL Strategy Overview is still worth going over. Adjust as needed.

Also, be sure to check out the free money offers.

Best of luck,
      VS
    • GarryFerguson
      GarryFerguson
      Basic
      Thanks! I am working my way through the articles now a few of them have been very helpful already and will help me in my session tonight! I am going to read through all of them :)

Is it easy enough here to post up hands for analysis from PT4?

Thanks!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by GarryFerguson
      Is it easy enough here to post up hands for analysis from PT4?
      Hi, GarryFerguson,
      Yes, indeed.
      If you go to the No Limit forum you'll some child board labelled Hand discussions for No Limit and Advanced Hand discussions for No Limit.
      You'll be able to read and discuss hands in both, but you won't be able to post in the latter until you reach gold status.
      Edit: I'm not so sure I'm right about that. I've asked the other mods

There is also the Highlighted hands board, where a particular hand from one of the other boards is examined in detail by a coach.

To post a hand do the following:
      In the "Play Poker" main tab, or from a hand report or a results list, right-click a hand and choose "View Hand Details".
      In the resulting window, at the top click "Hand History Viewer" if necessary, then click the 2nd button beside "copy to clipboard" -- it looks like a blue tick mark.

Now create a new thread in one of the forums and paste.
      Done.

It will look like so:
      GTECH G2 (Boss) - C$0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: C10.13 (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 8.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
      SB: C16.58 (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
      Hero (BB): C9.85
      UTG: C13.19 (VPIP: 17.69, PFR: 14.90, 3Bet Preflop: 5.71, Hands: 2,283)
      CO: C10.71 (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)

SB posts SB C0.05, Hero posts BB C0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: C0.15) Hero has 2:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN calls C0.10, fold, Hero checks

Flop: (C0.25, 2 players) 4:heart: K:diamond: 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets C0.25, Hero calls C0.25

Turn: (C0.75, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero bets C0.56, fold

Hero shows 2:club: A:diamond: (High Card, Ace)

Hero wins C0.70

C0.02 was deducted from the pot for the jackpot.

Enjoy,
      VS
    • GarryFerguson
      GarryFerguson
      Basic
      Thanks a lot! You also said in the first post about the point system and that I should know because I am silver already I really don't know what it all means how do I become gold just by posting?
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi Garry,

Actually, you're currently still Basic status, not Silver. The icons for both statuses look quite similar, so it's easy to mix them up.

The points system that was mentioned works like this: Once you sign up at one of our partner rooms, your poker account over there will be 'tracked', which means that you will earn 'StrategyPoints' for every dollar raked (the exact amount varies depending on the room). After you have earned your first point, you will receive an upgrade to Bronze status, which you will keep forever.

In order to earn a higher status, you need to generate a certain number of StrategyPoints per month:
      - 100 for Silver
      - 500 for Gold
      - 2,500 for Platinum
      - 7,500 for Diamond

If you want to sign up for a tracked account at one of our partner rooms, I recommend checking out our Bonus and Free Poker Money offers. Unfortunately, it is not possible to track any existing accounts you might already have.

Alternatively, you could simply buy a higher status, you can find a list of our prices over here. Once again, you'd keep Bronze status forever once your higher status expires.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by GarryFerguson
      Thanks a lot! You also said in the first post about the point system and that I should know because I am silver already I really don't know what it all means how do I become gold just by posting?
      Hi, GarryFerguson,
      Well it seems I was in the throes of encroaching senility when I wrote that, and misjudged the colour of your avatar.

As it turns out, your status is basic.
      If you follow the link I posted to the free money offers it should explain it in there.

Once you are playing on a partner site, you earn PS points by playing raked hands.
      If you wish you can also purchase a status for however long you wish. Once you achieve bronze (or higher) whether by playing or by purchase you never go below bronze again. Here is a more thorough explanation of the points system..

Also in my first post I incorrectly stated that anyone could participate in the Advanced Hand discussion forum.
      I checked and have been informed that the Advanced discussions require Gold+

Best of luck,
      VS