This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 5 quads misplayed

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      CO:
      $4,76
      BU:
      $13,63
      SB:
      $5
      Hero:
      $6,23
      UTG+1:
      $5,14
      UTG+2:
      $5
      MP2:
      $3,81
      MP3:
      $2,76
      MP1:
      $5,24

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:club: , T:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0,04, 2 folds, SB raises to $0,20, Hero calls $0,16, MP3 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,60) T:diamond: , Q:heart: , T:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,32, Hero calls $0,32, MP3 calls $0,32.

Turn: ($1,56) 4:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,96, Hero raises to $1,92, MP3 folds, SB calls $0,96.

River: ($5,40) Q:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3,79 (All-In), SB folds.

Final Pot: $9,19

I've hit such a hand for the second time in my poker career and just panicked :) . Whats the standard line in this situation? Just 3bet flop, 3bet turn, shove river? When it is a good spot to slowplay?
  • 3 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well, nothing to panic about.I get quads at least once a day(oh wait, today I didnt :) ).As you flop the nuts, you can do those sucker min3bets.They will never fold against them,and you will get value.Given that the board is drawy, you can even do a normal sized 3bet on the flop, as your opponents wont fold a draw on this limits.On the river, bet less after his check,he's never check-calling a shove here without a queen(and he doesnt have it clearly).
      NH anyway.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      Well, nothing to panic about.I get quads at least once a day(oh wait, today I didnt :) ).As you flop the nuts, you can do those sucker min3bets.They will never fold against them,and you will get value.Given that the board is drawy, you can even do a normal sized 3bet on the flop, as your opponents wont fold a draw on this limits.On the river, bet less after his check,he's never check-calling a shove here without a queen(and he doesnt have it clearly).
      NH anyway.
      +1
      Something like half pot on the river will give OP enough calling odds.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      preflop you should 3 bet in bb vs sb situation
      as played its ok i think . unlucky not to get payed
      nh
      gl