The Freaky Chronicles

• Freaky304
      Freaky304
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm starting a blog to keep track off good and bad plays I make so I can learn from them. The blog is mainly to better myself but everyone is welcome to read and make comments on it.

Well I guess I'll start with something about myself. I'm a 24 y/o male from the netherlands and I joined Pokerstrategy about half a year ago. After reaching silver status i stopped playing online for a while but because I got a new starting capital on partypoker I started playing again and a few days back i reached silver status again.

I have played poker for years before I joined PS, online (mostly playmoney) and offline with friends and family. The experience I've gained in these games give me some advantages and some problems. I have the advantage that i'm pretty good in reading other people (offline), playing online however brings entirely other challenges, this causes my transfer to the PS strategies to not be entirely smooth ;) .

Some people may have read the threads about my partypoker adventures (about going broke several times and getting back with nothing) 2 days ago I finally got over $100 dollar (within 24 hours after having 0$) so I was pretty excited. But all good times come to an end and I hit a downswing. Because I mostly play SnG's and the micro limit SnG on party starts with 1$ (their more luck then skill cause they are all turbo) I decided to pull my remaining money from party poker (~50$) and place them on absolute poker where I already had 100$ and where I can use it to play free a big bonus. I also transfered my money from PKR to Titan cause too many small bankrolls are not good for optimal use of the money.

So now I'm back to (only?) 4 accounts Titan, CDPoker, Absolute Poker and Stars. I will transfer CD money to Titan sometime this week (is same platform anyway) and when I release the bonus on absolute I will once and for all choose between Titan, Pokerstars or maybe both (maybe someone has some advice on that front).

I will probably lose my silver status for a while by playing on absolute but when I cashed my bonus I will transfer It to my Titan account to regain silver status :)

And now it's off to the tables for me :)
  • 6 replies
    • Freaky304
      Freaky304
      Bronze
      Activity
      I played 3 sets of 4 sng's (between 6-30 people) tonight, didn't want to open more then 4 because I ended on party with a mayor downswing. Got in the money in all but one and won 3 of them so that was a good run.

What have I learned:
      1. 6 and 30 handed sng's are easier then 10 handed sng's (tonight at least).
      2. mostly people played tighter on 6 handed SnG's so I could take some more advantage of that.

How did I end the night
      I decided to stop playing while I was playing good because it was late but I wasn't tired yet (usually i stop after I get tired causing me to not play my A game in the last set).
    • Freaky304
      Freaky304
      Bronze
      Activity:
      I only had little time to play today, to bad cause the games I did play where pretty lucrative. Because I had the feeling today my play could be a bit off I played one set half on my limit and half one limit lower. I found that I was playing okay but the cards didn't really hit me so I decided to play the rest of the sets on the lower limits which was a big succes.

After 3 sets I decided to practice on my patience (I really lose patience often and start playing too loose) so where better to do that then on the Titan 10+2 cent SnG's the only tables someone goes all-in every 30 seconds.

I played 2 sets on the micro limits and I didn't limp in or anything I only played few hands JJ+ and AK. It isn't even poker that they play on those sng's I played 9 hands busted 6 players and won 2 Sng's before the blinds hit 100. On one SnG I started on the button and before the BB reached me 4 people where eliminated. The other 2 where a bit longer but in the end I won both sets all 4 of the sng's without ever having a coinflip situation where I was at risk of being knocked out.

What have I learned:
      I think playing on the smallest limit defenitly improved my patience and in turn I started to take a better look at my opponents betting paterns (which for most was bet/reraise/push).

Also I had some heads-up practice today :) perhaps I could take a look at that it always can use some improvement.

How did I end:
      I had some profit again and I think I'm ready for the higher limit as soon as my bankroll matches. I stopped before I got tired so I didn't suffer any unneccesary losses again (wieeeeeh second night in a row :P )
    • Freaky304
      Freaky304
      Bronze
      Pfff today was an awfull day pokerwise... hadn't played much last two days so I was counting on a long evening with many sng's. That was before playing my firt set, I already posted it in the downswing forum HERE So I wont repeat what happened here. But For about half an hour I was mad on tilt and generally hating poker and wanting to quit for ever.

So after a shower I was looking at my last games and seeing that I actually didn't play super bad (I have played better but still) so I relaxed a bit and decided to try again. 2 More sets alot more bad luck (including anothe ak cracked by 2-7. Only this time alot more hands held up and my bad beats all happened in the price places so I played another set and won again.

So tonight began awfull ended so-so and overall I lost a couple of bucks (about the amount of the rake) so I can live with that altough I had hoped on something better :)
    • Freaky304
      Freaky304
      Bronze
      Activity:
      I played about 20 sng's today re-read the bronze and silver strategies.

What have I learned:
      Checkcalling can save you alot of chips :) . I just raise to often post flop thinking I have the best hand, today I checkcalled more post flop if there where better hands possible and I think it saved me alot of chips and certainly 1 or 2 premature eliminations.

Also I gave up more "hopeless" hands before investing to much in it so that has saved me a bunch :)

How did I end:
      My Roi was up again today and I erased the losses of the last days.

Again I mostly avoided coinflip situations where I was at risk, although i got in them in the late stages I avoided them in the early stages.

I noticed my Push/fold stage was a little bit less solid then normally so I will have to work on that.
    • Freaky304
      Freaky304
      Bronze
      Today I played on Absolute poker, finally my money was unlocked. The ultra turbo 2$ sng's are a real fish pond there. Just kick back fold and ride ITM only play AA KK QQ AK maybe JJ and 1st/2nd place is almost a given. I just kept on winning so I didn't stop untill now (been playing 7 hours strait). Made a very good profit so perhaps i'm not going to transfer all my bankroll on AP to a ps tracked account (always good to have some easy free money making ability for rainy days).

What have I learned:
      Today I learned to control myself a little bit better on the bubble, I still play aggressive and comparitavly loose on the buble but i'm trying to stop making stupid moves (going all in with 1 other person having less then 2 BB and such).

How did I end:
      Winning.. I really don't want to stop but wellit's 6:30 am so perhaps have a little nap is advisable. Hopefully the fishes will still be there in a few hours :)

My bankroll on AP had a boost and clearing the bonus will be no problem on this speed :) .

Today I had a lot of practice in my post flop play and in giving up hands. In these ultra turbo's you don't want to waste a single blind. But neither you want to fold too any raise. I think this really helps me greatly on the post flop area.
    • Freaky304
      Freaky304
      Bronze
      Tonight I have played 12 sets of 1 and 2 dollar BI ultra turbo sng's on absolute. I still can't believe how fishy the field is in these sng's I'm getting ITM 9 out of 10 times.

Today I played 2 tournaments, I lucked out ( 1 time getting my apocket aces kracked and in the other pulling someone all-in with QQ (he had KK) and the hand after pushing TT getting callled by 55 and the river being a 5.
      Maybe I overvalued the QQ a bit (calling after 2 re-raises) but I don't think I could ever fold QQ without having an extreem good read on someone maybe not even then :P .

Overall I'm really happy with my play lately I feel that I play my best game most of the time and I keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Last time I mentioned needing to improve my post flop play, I think thats actually going pretty well. Not taking unneccesary risks checkcalling with good hands that get re-raised often is a good way to take some chips without taking a risk to get knocked out. But still I think this is one part of the game that can always be improved so i'm moving it to the ongoing goals.

To Do / Goals:
      Done
      In progress
      Not started yet
      Ongoing
      1. Think of some goals I want to reach on short and long term
      2. Learn how to give up a hand
      3. Re-read chapter about pot odds
      4. build up my bankroll to go up a limit on the sng's
      5. Boost AP bankroll too a minimum of 300$ (no time limit)
      6. Clear bonus on AP (60 days)
      7. Aquire gold status (after AP goals are reached)
      8. Improve my overall game
      9. I have to improve on my post flop play