Hello all !!

• RazorbackXL
      RazorbackXL
      Global
      Not new to Poker Strategy but new to this forum. I've been playing online poker for about 18 months now and have managed to win about $7,000 on pokerstars. Been up and down on full tilt and yet to get into a positive ROI. I'm a 47 year old retired engineer raising 2 grandkids, playing lots of poker and golf. Been married for 29 years and find the biggest challenge to on line poker is eliminating distractions. It is so important to stay focused on table play and making notes cause you will run into the better players again at final tables or late stages of a mtt.

I do have a question to throw out there.

Do you feel overall play is looser in limit ring games or mtt's? I have found it difficult to get in a groove playing ring games and seems the beat % is much higher in ring than mtt.

RazorbackXL
  • 2 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Welcome to the forum

Mathematically the ring games must be more looser. Bigger stacks :P
      But of course a 4-max MTT's will be a lot more looser than a full ring game.
      It depends on the limit, the players, but in general in cash games you can afford to a lot more cards for IO.

Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG
    • RazorbackXL
      RazorbackXL
      Global
      Understand and thanks. For me as I'm sure with most you dont always have 8-9 hours to dedicate to a large field mtt but you want to build up your fpp's or ftp's ect, multi sng's and ring is the best way but daaaamn it seems I get up a little then bam multiple coolers or just flat out bad beats take over. It is even worse when i have recently withdrawn some funds from my account as i have done on 4 diff occasions. I had 4 bad months in a row after i withdrew $2500 and got so bad i contacted poker stars. I dont think pokerstars can pick who wins but i often wonder if they can select you to lose. I will just continue playing my game (tight aggressive) and as long as i carry a pos ROI things will be ok. I dont play online poker to make a living because i think that would lead to eating alot of beans but it is nice to have an account to pull funds from in case of an emergency.