adelaar
      Gold
      Finally succeeded in buying PT4.
      Now I have the registration code.

I downloaded the newest version and then the final page of the setup:

I click on finish, and then comes the message:

Cannot start Pokertracker
      Another version is already running.

Does anyone know this problem and how to solve it?
      I uninstalled the old PT before I started to download the newest version.
  • 4 replies
    • speukalo
      speukalo
      Bronze
      I had yesterday same problem with PT4. When I try to open program comes message poker tracker allready running.
      I try many times nothing happend. Two or three hours later it works.

There is some problem I think, because hud also does not work at Pokerstars .
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      @adelaar are you using a Mac? If so reboot your computer then
      open "Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal". Copy/paste this into the terminal window then press the 'Enter' keyboard key:

rm -f ~/.pokertracker4.pid

Try PokerTracker4 again and see if that was the problem.

If not I would suggest both of you see about PokerTracker4 logging here: https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/general/how-to-submit-a-bug-report

What you'll do is start PokerTracker4 with logging enabled, recreate whatever problem you're having and logging will capture what's causing it.

Then use that same link to submit a ticket to send the log with a description of your problem and we'll get things sorted out.
    • adelaar
      adelaar
      Gold
      Thanks for your replies.

I decided to close down my PC (windows 7) completely to be sure that all eventually running versions would be closed.

Started my PC this morning and tried again.
      And YES it opened!!

I could register and I am now at the stage that I wil have to make all the settings as I want.

So I made progress.
      Speukalo I will let you know if it is going to work on Pokerstars.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by adelaarI decided to close down my PC (windows 7) completely to be sure that all eventually running versions would be closed.

Started my PC this morning and tried again.
      And YES it opened!!
      Now that I know it's a Windows machine your trouble may be a cause other than PokerTracker4, for example security software you run is interfering, perhaps a minor Windows issue, possibly some kind of issue in your PostgreSQL installation, etc. It could even be a harmless case where PostgreSQL had some kind of temporary glitch and rebooting your machine was all that was needed.

But if the problem returns and especially if you're having to reboot frequently to get it working, that's the kind of thing you'd want to use the logging and ticket submission steps in the link I included above - once we can see for ourselves what's causing the trouble we'll be able to get things sorted out.