This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 T6o, freeplay

• jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      SB:
      $2,15
      Hero:
      $2,00

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:club: , T:diamond:
      6 folds, SB calls $0,05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,20) K:club: , 6:diamond: , T:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,15, SB raises to $0,30, Hero raises to $1,00, SB calls $0,70.

Turn: ($2,20) 8:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,05 (All-In), Hero calls $0,90 (All-In), SB gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($4,00) T:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,00

I think my mistake was reraise bigger than half of my stack. Should I just push on his flop raise?
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      What you should do is raise pot on the flop when there is an unraised pot(to start building it and to protect accordingly).

After reraise I like your play by 3-betting him 3x, howere also push would be good, but maybe a little overbet since he minraised you.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Jenoc,

As pointed out by Burek, I like Potbuilding by betting Pot here. Also you want to protect your 2 pair against any or a broadway straight

Therefore on his minRRaise, you can think of pushing it here for value, protection. If he calls your push, that's extremely -EV for him

I prefer pushing on the Flop when he RRaises you than a normal 3bet

If the Flop was let's say K 6 T , then you could Reraise to $1 and shove on the Turn.

Best regards,
      Gerv