Just a downswing or spewy play?

• rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      In the past two weeks I've started to play zoom 10NL 6max poker. But what I found was that my results are swinging badly. . What stats/spots/hands should I look in my PokerTracker to see if I'm playing poorly or I'm just getting coolered?

Thanks for all the tips in advance :)
  • 13 replies
    • WhiteWalker
      WhiteWalker
      Bronze
      Initially looking at this graph I wouldn't jump to a conclussion that you are being coolered as your EV matches that of your winnings. This could however be you running in to the top of your opponents ranges in spots where the situation would be exactly the same the other way round.

Finding leaks from this I think is difficult but you can check areas such as:
      [*] VPIP by position, you should be opening tighter in EP than you are in the CO and BTN.
      [*] How often are you cold calling 3-bets (hands like QKo OOP when flatting can cost a lot)
      [*] How often are you c-betting? Is it effective? Check statistics and if you are c-betting >50% thats a good start, check your c-bet success. You may be c-betting boards which smash a EP's opening range and losing money that way.
      [*] One thing I see in your graph is a lot of swings in your showdown winnings, are you calling effectively on the river, filter out pots over 100bb that went to showdown and hero lost. Review these and see if you think your calls were too loose.

It is all about having your own ideas about your play, if you think of one thing and analyse it and then use that improvement for your next session your game will improve but you must put the work in. I am no NLH expert by any stretch of the imagination but they are a few suggestions.
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze

Well these are my possitional stats. I have filtered the pots over 100bb which I lost so there is 1210 euro lost and EV is -835 euros so I guess this confirms that I'm getting coolered quite a bit. Ofc there are hands in this that big pots lost in "kicker" problem spots so I'm still confused whether I'm playing that terribly or I'm on a downswing.
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Post unfiltered stats. You could be burning money in smaller pots.
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      the stats are unfiltered in the photos :) I filtered them on my own to see the result but I did not post those stats :)
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rap1dw1n3r

Well these are my possitional stats. I have filtered the pots over 100bb which I lost so there is 1210 euro lost and EV is -835 euros so I guess this confirms that I'm getting coolered quite a bit. Ofc there are hands in this that big pots lost in "kicker" problem spots so I'm still confused whether I'm playing that terribly or I'm on a downswing.
      EV has almost nothing to do with coolers. If you have AK and villain has AA blind vs blind and money goes in your EV line goes down and your actual line goes down.

From your stats I would say the most likely problem is you are losing too much from the blinds. It looks like you're folding BB too much to steals and you're probably not stealing anywhere near enough from the SB if your stats are 18/16 from that position

If you also feel like you have kicker problems its also likely you are overplaying 1pair hands, which can get very costly if you overplay 1 pair vs raises on flop turn or river. Very few nl10 guys are getting stacks in postflop with 1 pair.
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      My BB and SB ranges are really wide :) the only spot where my range might be too narrow is 3bet vs BU open from SB :) and my steals are over over 70% from SB and about 40-50% from the BU. The one pair problem post flop is real I think my self. But I feel like oh hes raising my cbet IP on dry board he can't have anything strong here because it makes no sence and I call them down most of the time :) It's really hard for me to put them on a range in spots like these and I don't know how to know if my tp is good or not in that spot. Or like in spots where I have tp like KQ (non 3b pot and lets say I'm CO vs BU) on K high board and cbet 2 streets and then try to pot controll on river but I face a bet of about 70% pot from villain and I have no idea how to know if my hand is good or not
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze

Ok so I found this feature in PT4 :D seems like all of my losses come from those 1 pair hands. Could some one give some advice on how to not make mistakes with those types of hands?
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      I mean, that's so broad.

You raise pre with A3s, cbet 54x and bet/fold a J turn = losing with a one pair hand.
      You 3bet AA, get 4bet and ship then lose to KK = losing with a one pair hand.
      You call a raise pre with 44, don't flop a set and check/fold = losing with a one pair hand.
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      meh I'm lost again then :D
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rap1dw1n3r
      My BB and SB ranges are really wide :)
      Not really it's more that your other ranges are narrow. Your BB VPIP is higher than your BTN VPIP!
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      yeah BU defence is one thing I have adjusted already the past few days but in this sample size it's not showing yet :)
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      BTW those hand stats (one pair etc) are on showdown :)
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MJPerry
      I mean, that's so broad.

You raise pre with A3s, cbet 54x and bet/fold a J turn = losing with a one pair hand.
      Wat? Where is the pair here, I'm confused :f_p: