How to unlink from PokerStrategy and why?

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

So my PokerStars account is linked to PokerStrategy. What am I missing out on, potentially? Just want to know.

- Is there a way I could unlink my account and use it for any other offer on the web? Or you can do it only once at registration?

- Are there any other poker training websites or offers that operate on rake from linked accounts? Could I switch?

- If I'm not using PokerStrategy, are there any reasons whatsoever why I would want to unlink? Privacy concerns?

- How would I go around unlilnking?

Cheers.
  • 10 replies
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      Unlinking the account will result with a 3% increased rate of suckouts, run-bads, and downswings unless you are from Russia.

:truestory:
    • Dadramel
      Dadramel
      Silver
      Are u hippie, mate?
    • htghguuh
      htghguuh
      Silver
      :f_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      You cant.
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Don't you remember signing your life away?
    • rompas
      rompas
      Hi Th334,

As pointed out from other users its not possible unlink a account.

Regards/Rompas
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      You should be happy. We other poor peasants that unluckily had registered to Pokerstars before we discovered this place have to play at these poor sites with little traffic and poor software to get our points.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rompas
      Hi Th334,

As pointed out from other users its not possible unlink a account.

Regards/Rompas
      Thanks Rompas,

Is there any specific reason for this?

I thought that poker rooms pay you guys a percentage of player's rake for the fact that you (a) directed the player to them, and (b) provide service to this player so he improves his game and generates more rake. So if the player doesn't use this service anymore, seems like the second part is no longer valid.

Or if you could please direct to where the answer is.

Thanks.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Th334,

To be perfectly honest, point b is not even valid. Pokerrooms don't care how good or bad a player you are. They don't care if you improve as a player, get worse or stay the same. They only care that you come and play.

The level of service provided by affiliates is varied. Most just offer basic rakeback whereas we offer the opportunity to improve as well as money earning potential from exclusive rake races, the Top100 and Double Top promotions and even Tell-a Friend.

Regards

Laz
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hey Laz,

Thanks for the reply. Sounds fair enough. I guess there isn't much competition to begin with for PokerStars affiliates. I haven't seen any, actually. I wonder how PokerStrategy got it. :)

To be honest, I wouldn't unlink anyway even if I could. There's a lot of good content, even though I still can't get over that hand judges are no more, and probably never will. :D

I was just curious what kind of leverage players have here. Seems like there is none, but I guess it's appropriate. I won't be complaining until I find another site that gives free money and free strategy content for as long as you play. That's hard to beat.