Naturally Bad Poker Player

• Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      Hi all

Thank for reading my poker blog, first an introduction would be appropriate. I'm Jono, i'm 23 years old from nottingham, england. i been playing poker in a fashion for a couple of years. started been serious about just this month really, i'd like to go professional.

Before i get a lot of people telling me being professional isn't what it seems or its a grind and not all vegas and the fucking mirage( hey what films that from?) i'm aware that a lot of work is needed, i'm really up for the challenge!!

I had my first stab a poker strategy early this year but didn't put the required work in. this time i'm more foucsed, energised and ready to work hard to do whats needed.

I'm starting at the bottom, playing NL10 SSS i feeling i need to work my way up to learn properley. i ready for a internal downswings(or bad play) working on anaylsis my game and thought process.

Good Luck and Catch ya Later
      Naturally
  • 10 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Good luck buddy,

Look forward to hearing of the many highs & lows and how you overcame them.

Bart.
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      Am i playing the right game?

can anyone answer that question? relative beginner at poker really is SSS the way forward or SNG/Fixed better. some that occued to me am i playing the right game for me? i don't know??

naturally
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      I would say you are playing the right game just read all the articles and watch the videos. If you decide to move to sit and gos study up and use the ICM trainer until you are almost perfect. If you do SNG I would play no limit not fixed limit. This being said I dont know much about FL. Basically whatever you decide to do the most important thing is to study up follow the charts and follow bankroll management.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Naturally2Bad
      Am i playing the right game?

can anyone answer that question? relative beginner at poker really is SSS the way forward or SNG/Fixed better. some that occued to me am i playing the right game for me? i don't know??

naturally
      It doesn't matter what you play as long as you like it.

Read begginers FL and SNG articles too, give them a try with 2-3 sessions and you'll have easier decision...

In fact, it doesn't matter what you'll play in the view of potential future income as you can be successful in SNG, NL or FL (or even in all) - it's all about how much time and effort are you going to invest.

:spade: Good luck :spade:
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      I thought about this most of yesterday and last night. i played both no limit and limit and enjoyed my limit sessions alot more.

its weird, i can't see why. everybody raves on about how exciting no limit is but just really can't get into it.

So i played my first session of limit last night, about 140 hands so not a lot, 2 table for about an hour or so. ended up just short of break-even no bad i don't think.

Tonight i'll be tuning in to my first fixed limit coaching and reading so more articles.

cheers naturally
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      maybe it's because you're comparing FL to SSS.. BSS can be much more exciting than SSS (shorthanded even more) and it's similar with FL: playing fullring (7+ players) is more boring than shorthanded.

You have to find the best game by yourself; no one can say what is the best for you ;)

Personaly, I prefer FL SH, but who cares... ;)
    • DEVILazas
      DEVILazas
      Bronze
      Dont try to decide what You like more right now. Visit coachings, try to implement thoery in practice on both - SSS and FL. Feeling what is better to You definetly will come later in a few weeks. DONT TRY MORE THAN TWO GAMETYPES/LIMITS AT THE TIME, or You will go on tilt.

There are mostly SSS and FL in blogs section of the forums, but at the tables BSS is more popular so its worth a try BSS later as an evolution of SSS (lets say in a two months or so).

just mine 2 cents
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      Thank for your comments guys,

Just finished my second sessions of fixed limit, ended up 10bb down or so but still enjoyed the challenge. i think fixed is my choice but i''ll take into consideration what you guys have said.

On the none poker front, my company have made some people redudent, not good times in the UK. hopefully i'll get made redudent and i'll spend my time learning poker!!!

I know that sounds silly, imature and quite selfish but i don't like my job anymore and couldn't care less if they do. the only think that would bother me is not making my mate wedding in oz next year.

ah well we'll see

Cheers Naturally
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      Hey,

its all going well, i'm down but feel good about my game.

I'm on basic strategy until i'm confident to with it and completed 4000 hands. then i'll move on the bronze charts and articles.

only another 3500 to go

Laterz Naturally
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Naturally2bad

Saw that you posted some hands in the fixed limit section. We play the same limits. Do you play on party? I thought I saw you there today at one of my tables.

Im also a nl sss player turned fixed limit player. Its not that tough once you get the hang of it though. Just stick to the starting hands chart and you'll do fine. As already stated by a few players already stick to brm, attend coaching, post some hands, watch videos and reread articles. I usually do some kind of learning each day that relates to fixed limit. Talk to you later.

Matt.