Playing 3B bluffs postflop

• mattyvx
      mattyvx
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 15.79, PFR: 12.28, 3Bet Preflop: 3.57, Hands: 58)
      SB: 100.4 BB (VPIP: 26.09, PFR: 19.57, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 47)
      BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 32.86, PFR: 22.86, 3Bet Preflop: 12.90, Hands: 73)
      UTG: 128.56 BB (VPIP: 31.82, PFR: 23.86, 3Bet Preflop: 17.65, Hands: 90)
      MP: 122.6 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 9.52, 3Bet Preflop: 13.33, Hands: 21)
      Hero (CO): 175.28 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 4:diamond: A:diamond:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.4 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond: 5:club: 9:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 12 BB, UTG calls 12 BB

i CBET because we were a little deeper i expect him to call me with more pp's to setmine and more suited broadways, i dont expect the flop to connect that well with him and a have some backdoors

Should i cbet here and barrell diamonds or check it back?
  • 5 replies
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      I'd cbet smaller, 1/2 pot should be enough on a board like this.
      Agree with your plan, I'd cbet all A2-A4s with backdoors, you can give up the combos without them, check back call most turns A5s.

Barrel all diamond turns, river is where it'll get interesting with a fd
      so are 2 + 3 turns and whether to 2-3 barrel on those, that'll be a spot worth working out if you're not sure how to play these spots, starting with your pf range.
    • mattyvx
      mattyvx
      Bronze
      turn range would be AA/KK,KQo,A2-A5s (dd,cc,hh) would check back the spade combos OTF

TURN
      on 3 or 2 turn i would mostly barrell AA,KK,A5,a4,a3,a2 and sometimes fire KQo again using combos with the turned suit as option to tripple the runner runner flush as a bluff with a K/Q blocker in my hand

RIV
      A - would tripple AA/KK/A2-5s and check back mostly with KQ
      K - tripple AA,KK,KQo would probably need to tripple the Ax combos too but not sure if i would
      Q - mostly check back AA/KK/Ax but bet KQ
      J - check back
      board paring cards tripple AA/KK and some combos of Ax, could be tempted to turn the A5x into a bluff as it blocks set of 55
    • Kalecia
      Kalecia
      Bronze
      What do you guys think about delayed cbet or raising villains turn bet on :diamond: :2x: :3x: ? I don't know if it's good but I am often taking such lines trying to balance air and value range(QQ+ here only, maybe even KK+ only).

My arguments for this is that if we get raised OTF with w/e we has expect sets we're playing "Guessing game" especially with aggro villain from another hand if we check back flop our hand is pretty face up if we don't have any history with the villain.

Also as played I would make it less and if blanks((K,22-44 or board pairs)) come on the turn and riv I might consider bluff catch with A high
    • mattyvx
      mattyvx
      Bronze
      Are you checking back kk/aa here and raising the turn? Ive not considering the line really as id probably just bet most of my polorized continue range and such doesnt want to check as i dont have middling strength hands.

If you are not checking aa/kk then raising for balance isn't balanced because you would only raise draws which I would prefer to bet and barrel as above... could be wrong tho
    • Kalecia
      Kalecia
      Bronze
      I might do it from time to time but only against winning aggresive players.

However I think you think too much and All in all, you shouldn't waste time on developing game plan against a villain with 90h sample size. If u like 3 betting it pre vs UTG it's fine because people fold too much on zoom but I think it's better to keep things simple and just cbet 50% and give up.