Discussion - Does "casual" staking exist?

• rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Hey guys,
      I'm curious to know from others who might be in the same scenario as i am.
      Basically put, i haven't played enough games to be accepted into backing stables. I've only quite recently this last year started to put time into poker to study it and improve my game. But i haven't actually put in huge amounts of volume yet.

This is my total mtts played, not a lot at all. About 10 games before the ship @ 1600 games is when i started playing on ps.fr while im traveling in europe/france.

Also i don't meet the requirements to the minimum weekly hours/games played per week/month for all group stables.

Now i know people would be saying just put in more volume for the required minimum, but for the moment i'm not financially able to deposit money into poker. Are there stakings that exist which aren't group coaching stakes? Just an individual who might stake someone and isn't required to put in xhours a day x games a day?
      Obviously they'd still want you to play as much as possible but maybe just a stake thats a little more lenient than a group backer.

Maybe i stupid question im not sure.
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey rubberduckie000,

If you can get your post count up to 300, you would then be able to request staking. You can then set your own volume requirements.

Regards

Laz
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey mate,

I've made arrangements with multiple backers privately in the past that didn't require volume goals etc. That was mostly for MTSNGs and not MTTs. (MTTs were part of the deals though potentially)
      Casual staking exists if you can be lucky enough to find a person with similar interests and goals. It's not easy but it is definitely possible and it happens more commonly than you might think.

The only issue for you (I suspect from a backers perspective is volume) because outside of PokerStars.com the playerpools are small.

I've seen you post at 2p2 in the right place. If you can add MTSNGs (not sure if they exist on .fr) it might help you procure staking.

Sorry for the ramble - hope it makes sense and if not hit me up on Skype.
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Ok thanks for the help guys! :f_drink: