PokerStars doesn't start anymore (from new update 01/09/2015)

• 9 replies
    • Masterinsekt
      Masterinsekt
      Bronze
      I have the same problems. I was playing about 10 torunaments, restarted my computer, then after update pokerstars is connecting and closing after second. And what about buy-ins?
    • Mark1790
      Mark1790
      Silver
      No problem here.
      Windows 7
      Pokerstars.uk
    • NiGhMa
      NiGhMa
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Masterinsekt
      I have the same problems. I was playing about 10 torunaments, restarted my computer, then after update pokerstars is connecting and closing after second. And what about buy-ins?
      I sent a message to the support... I'm waiting...
      If we find something to fix it I propose to post it here.
      I cross all my fingers for us
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Bronze
      No problems in pokerstars.bg
      GL
    • Masterinsekt
      Masterinsekt
      Bronze
      Ok, it works. Start from pokerstars.exe not from pokerstarsupdate.
    • NiGhMa
      NiGhMa
      Coach
      Coach
      I've got an error message in PokerStars log file : catch 'Unable to create directory: 2' in WinMain
      Had you got the same ?
    • Masterinsekt
      Masterinsekt
      Bronze
      Cant find. But try to uninstal and download older version - http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/Er1gTs2W/file.html
      then start from pokerstars.exe without installing new version. On my computer works.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Masterinsekt
      Ok, it works. Start from pokerstars.exe not from pokerstarsupdate.
      This works as the shortcut will look for an update. So starting pokerstars.exe from the parent folder will force it to not look for updates. :f_thumbsup:
    • NiGhMa
      NiGhMa
      Coach
      Coach
      Just to close the story and let you know what happened (could help some of you guys in the futur)

I receive a f***ing "by default" answer from PokerStars telling me the problem came from using a 3rd party software (Holdem Manager or Poker Tracker).

and here is my answer :

Hi,

This email to tell you my problem is solved... and this is not by your help!

Telling me the issue comes from a 3rd party software when your application doesn't start (without any 3rd party soft opened) and after your update, it's just do not taking your responsibilities !

As I said I tried several times to open your application after rebooting my PC and without any 3rd party soft.
      I don't understand why I didn't get any help from your part except the fact your just sent me one of your "by default" answer (which is useless).

I just uninstall and re-install your application and everything is working now. I don't understand how a technical support doesn't at least propose it...

Overall I'm happy with PokerStars, I use your software during my public broadcasts on Twitch or during my coachings on communities and I share my challenge being Supernova on my blog every week...

... but I'm very disappointed by the service of your support!

Seb