This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Major changes to poker stars Vip club

• 3 replies
    • ViperPP
      ViperPP
      Bronze
      What is not clear from the article is what happens at the start of the next month after you achieved a certain VIP Level the previous month. E.g. suppose you are Gold, do you immediately get 2 FPP/VPP or do you just start from scratch again in this table: http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/2015/09/01/table.pdf, and your Gold Level is only for the other VIP benefits ?

Other than that, it looks pretty smart to have much more incremental objectives, since it will motivate players to at least complete their current step, and to play towards a 5th step for the 10% additional bonus.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Silver
      I don't really see the point. for me personally I don't think it will affect me. Since I can't get strategy points (there Pokerstars misses hundreds of rake-dollars) I just settle for Chrome each month. It keeps me in touch with the Pokerstars enviroment and its nice to play on stars.

But then I have to go elsewhere to play. Then when I have made my strategy points I return to stars just for nice gameplay. Well, I don't think that I will bother much if it means half of those FPP/VPP.

No, I just think it's just a new step in Pokerstars new business strategy to annoy the players.
    • rompas
      rompas
      Hi Viper,

I assume you start at gold, but as you say its not clear from article or offical post from stars what i can see but i am sure that will be clear soon,

Imo this changes doesnt look so bad since i think recreational players will play little bit more just to complete steps.

/Rompas