Difference Between FR and SH

• JuaB456485
      JuaB456485
      Gold
      Hello comunitty, i hope you can help me.

Ok, let me tell you some history about me.

I started playing cash games in NL2 on stars 3 months ago, Started playing zoom FR where my level was pretty bad (3 BB/100 in 90k Hands), i realized that FR was boring and tried 6max, where i felt more comfortable but my level still sucked, Then after an advice of my pro friends i moved from zoom to reg tables.

After that my level increased a lot, and i successfully break NL2 with 13 BB/100 in 30k hands.

When my bankroll had 150 USD i gave a shot to NL5 where the level is clearly more advanced, they destroyed me. (More 3betting and more check raises on the streets, and i didnt knew how to react to that)

After that, i moved out to FR and im successfully breaking NL5.

My question is, first of all if its only me or someone feels the same about?

Second, any idea of how to deal with this problem, i really like SH Better than FR and playing full ringed is boring... but i dont want to get stucked of how i did in Zoom Poker.

Thanks in advance :)
  • 4 replies
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      Hey,

SH games will always be more aggressive and I guess better players will generally play short-handed games since they do seem to be more fun. With FR cash you can stick to a nittier approach and play more ABC poker.

Also 3bb/100 winrate at FR cash is decent (obv you should be crushing NL2 with a good wr anyway) since FR is all about volume. FR grinders usually put in 100-150k hands a month. Zoom gives you a great way to put in volume.

You should be beating NL5 by playing basic ABC poker without making too many mistakes so I'm sure you'll be able to do that in no time. Just put some time into studying and try to move up as soon as you achieve your bankroll requirements.

Best of luck!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I have moved you’re thread to the no limit board. This way you get faster feedback of cash game players.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Bronze
      Read this:

6-max versus full ring cash games - What's the best choice for a beginner?

It's pretty comprehensive.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I really don't think there is as big a difference a most people make it to. There are 3 seats more at a FR table where people generally play tighter as there are more players left to act, but aside from that you can use the same ranges. So just play whatever you are most comfortable with.