FPP credits

• 12 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi apreto,

actually the only thing I can do is quote the stars site...
      I couldn't explain it any better.

1. Earn FPP credits for cash game play

First Frequent Player Point (FPP) is awarded for playing a hand in which the rake reaches:

* $0.40 for fixed limit poker games with stakes $1/$2 and lower
      * $0.40 for NL/PL poker games with blinds $1/$2 and lower
      * $0.40 for "1-on-1" poker games (this applies only to "1-on-1" tables, not to regular tables which have only two players seated)
      * $1.00 for all other games

Second FPP is awarded for playing a hand in which the rake reaches:

* $2.00 for all 6-max tables (this doesn't apply for games being played 6- handed at 10/9/8 player tables - just 6-max tables)
      * $3.00 for all other tables

Third FPP is awarded for playing a hand in which the rake reaches $5.00.

You can then use this points to buy something in their shop for instance.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • pareto
      pareto
      Bronze
      how many points do players earn at Poker stars once the rake reaches $0.40, for instance? that's why I don't find this clear.
    • Duane317
      Duane317
      Bronze
      For every $.40 rake you make, you get 1FPP if you're bronze... 1.5FPP if you're silver... 2FPP if you're gold... etc etc
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      I think it's crap that you don't get points for smaller pots. Just give points with decimals. Players on the small stakes tables doesn't make any points.

Theoretically you can pay $100 in rake on 4c/8c tables and never recieve one single point, and then you can play 1 $2.20 HU SnG and get 1 point for 20 cents rake.

That's kinda like reverse Robin Hood. Stealing from the poor and giving to the rich :rolleyes:

Am I alone with this thought?
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Silver
      They are releasing new VIP system in march if I'm correct.

And they were thinking about fractional points, but nothing yet about that, and it won't be soon
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      They would be insane if they gave "free money" with FPPs to smaller playesr :D
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Stars is geared toward high volume grinders.

There's no rakeback for players at the nano's, and yet they still rake the games at 5%. For fixed limit players you need to be playing .25/.50 to begin earning FPP's, and even then it's a ridiculously low rakeback percentage.

If you reach 1/2 then you can join the nits who are 24 tabling full ring games in an attempt to achieve SNE.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Kimber88
      I think it's crap that you don't get points for smaller pots. Just give points with decimals. Players on the small stakes tables doesn't make any points.

Theoretically you can pay $100 in rake on 4c/8c tables and never recieve one single point, and then you can play 1 $2.20 HU SnG and get 1 point for 20 cents rake.

That's kinda like reverse Robin Hood. Stealing from the poor and giving to the rich :rolleyes:

Am I alone with this thought?
      Originally posted by opal99
      Originally posted by redskwerl
      now they only need to add partial vpps and low limit players will be satisfied :)
      That won't happen ever...

PokerStars doesn't care too much about microlimit players, because they (players) don't give a fuck about such promotions the most of the time. Sure, there're some serious players who are moving up he limits, but 95% of the rest are just recreational players who like to spend time with poker. They have no idea how FPP's system works, how do they recieve FPPs and many of them didn't even realize they recieve anything at all....

Let's look at this as at some kind of motivation to move up faster :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by PokerHammer
      If you reach 1/2 then you can join the nits who are 24 tabling full ring games in an attempt to achieve SNE.
      Or move to 3/6 SH, play 18 tables and you will get $100 per hour just from FPPs as SNE + another $40-$50k just for getting to SNE. Soo easy; isn't? ;)

(if you 18-table 5/10, you'll get $150/hour btw)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Lol... 18 tables... I can't manage 4 at Stars :D
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Lol... 18 tables... I can't manage 4 at Stars :D
      there're such crazy guys :rolleyes:
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel