caltabiano
      Bronze
      Known players:        
      Hero:
      $10,81
      MP2:
      $9,99

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , J:club:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0,40, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1,20, MP2 calls $0,80.

Flop: ($2,45) A:club: , 7:heart: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,80, MP2 calls $1,80.

Turn: ($6,05) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $4,31, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $10,36

Should I 2nd barrel here? Or is it better to just check/fold? A 2nd barrel would commit me to the pot
  • 4 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      should play call 20 preflop I think instead of re-raising, especially when you will be out of position postflop. By re-raising you built a biggish pot with a marginal hand and put yourself in an awkward siuation on the flop
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I think the same, call preflop for set value and if you didn't hit your set fold. Or if your Jacks make an overpair you can continue I suppose.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      for me nice hand.
      Preflop:
      should play call 20 preflop I think instead of re-raising, especially when you will be out of position postflop.

imho it's better to 3 bet with JJ when you will be OOP postflop than call.What you gona do every time u not hit set? without initiative ant OOP.Fold every time.Most of the time you should 3bet, sometimes call for set value.I think JJ-TT is strong enough and can sometimes 3bet and that expands your 3bet range.
      On flop cbet is ok on A high board.You can do a bit less cbet because of board.
      On turn decision is depends on opp.Most of the time I wouldn't IIbarrel because he called cbet on A high board,he can play wa/wb with tptk.I'd barrel second time when I have stats on 3bet pots and know he can fold enough to turn bet.
      Good luck :)
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      you played it well
      being oop 3 bet 1 - 2 bb more to to give him worse odds to call in position
      when you 3 bet pre you have to cbet that flop with all of your range . you can cbet lower because people wont float you light on dry a high boards
      when you get called you give up
      nh
      gl