The story of FishTom

• FishTom
      FishTom
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I'm a guy from Estonia, who has been playing poker for a year now. Naturally, like everybody else, it took me quite a while and quite a $ to learn poker. Before PS i had read some books and forums, but i still couldn't quite get it on. The biggest leak of course was self control and BANKROLL MANAGEMENT. About 2 months ago i discovered PS and i'm grateful for this up to this day. Reading the articles and watching the videos over and over again took my game to completely another level. I can honestly say that PS made me a consistent winning player:)
      What do i like about Poker the most? It's that you are never a complete player and you have to learn and improve all the time. It will never get boring.

Thank you PS.

Peace,
      FishTom
  • 4 replies
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      what do you play? what limits?
    • FishTom
      FishTom
      Bronze
      At the moment i play NL25 SH.

I got a really good upswing right off after getting the 50 bucks from PS and alongside to Poker Stars bonus, i got the bankroll up to 1000USD in 2,5 weeks (30K hands) just playing the SSS and moving up the limits according to BRM (as i though i wasn't a complete beginner, i felt pretty comfortable at higher limits aswell). Then i though i could get a PokerTracker for free eventhough i cleared the Elephant licence aswell and registered with Red Kings to do that. Naturally there was a nice bonus involved (1000% deposit bonus) so i deposited 500USD there and tried to play the SSS there. But at Red Kings were not too many tables to switch and take the profit from, the result was 0$ profit in 2 days. So i decided to play NL50 FR (as my whole bankroll was 1000, it was enough to play that limit)and got the BR up to 1500 in another 1,5 weeks. All together it was around 45K hands. Then i got my first really bad downswing, which lasted for the next 3,5 weeks. I think Ongame network generates the most AAvsKK, AKvsAA, QQvsKK, sets outdrawn to flushes and straights and so on bad beats. At least it seamed that way, which is a great tilt seed. When my BR was down to 1000USD again (big chunk of the lost money was of course because of tilt), i switched back to play SSS again on NL100 tables and lost 25BI in a row and some more after a short upswing (QQ was -80USD, KK was -20USD, AK was -100USD, AQ was -70 and so on), so the BR was down to 500 (i lost all the 500 i deposited to Red Kings, the end of of course just thrown away being on tilt). So i deposited some more money because i already had cleared the half on needed points to clear the first 1250$ of the bonus. I moved back to NL50 with a SSS and the downswing continued so there was only 300USD left (yet on my Stars account). Pretty sick huh?:( All in all PokerTracker cost me 700USD, which i deposited to Red Kings:( However, i think the swing would have hit me at Stars aswell, so i'm not too sad about it. So i decided to rest with the SSS and Red Kings (because it's impossible to clear the bonus at NL10 tables) and go back to Stars NL10 SH and play some poker again:) , which got me up on my feet again pretty quick and reach a bankroll needed to play at NL25SH and it looks ok. I'm making a profit of approx 5ptBB/100 and playing about 2-3K hands a day.

So long story short, the BRM and avoiding tilt are the most important subjects of playing poker. and it's very damn hard to stick with BRM, if you're on a huge downswing and on tilt aswell.

I don't know if the story should be in some other topic but i hope it's ok for being here:)

Peace
      FishTom
    • Guzu2008
      Guzu2008
      Bronze
      Nice story.

Yes, it's very hard sometimes, but with a long term view in your mind and patience to play tens and tens of thousands of hands, you can grow nicely and in a matter of months you will be playing higher and higher.

GL!
    • crazypokr
      crazypokr
      Bronze
      do you use sss on SH and if so do you think its more profitable than FR