The Rebirth Project.

• Rtwice
      Rtwice
      Bronze
      I used to have a blog on this forum a while ago ("All I had was $20."). Unfortunately, as many, countless other times, my bankroll vanished, and since then I've been playing poker just for fun, while drinking beer and eating sandwiches.

The last few months have been quite chaotic. Nights out, lot of alcohol, drugs, junk food, entire days in bed, being tortured by negative thoughts, being worried about my future.

But then, I decided to stop wasting my time and get back on my feet. I gave dimission at my job, while finding a new one with the same position, but a better salary. I bought some new clothes and some stuff of all kinds, like books, gadgets, posters to decorate my room. I went back to the gym and started to work out again. I started to think about my future, trying to understand what I really want to do.

And then, a few weeks ago, I log in on PS.com, just to play some S&G for fun. And, as usual, I check the Live Events section.

And boom, I got hypnotised.

PCA, January 2016, Bahamas. Satellites from $1.65. I think about it everyday.

And that's how I decided to start playing poker again. I wanna get better at my game, and try to qualify for that damn PCA that has kidnapped my soul.

I know, it sounds crazy, and it probably is. But I have to try.

Fitness, healthy food, planning the future, and poker. These 4 things will represent my life for the next months.
      And this blog will be the narrator of this fantastic rebirth
  • 5 replies
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi Rtwice,
      Welcome back and It sounds like you have found a great place to start playing. shame that the variants are high with the $1.65 re buy for the ticket. I play this once in a while and get so close but bubble. :(
      Good luck and I look forward to hearing how you get on
      regards

matt
    • Rtwice
      Rtwice
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metalmonkey80
      Hi Rtwice,
      Welcome back and It sounds like you have found a great place to start playing. shame that the variants are high with the $1.65 re buy for the ticket. I play this once in a while and get so close but bubble. :(
      Good luck and I look forward to hearing how you get on
      regards

matt
      Thanks mate :)

Today I'm off at work, so I can look after myself and relax a little bit. I'm gonna go to the gym, do buy some food, read something. I'd love to hang out around London today, but the weather doesn't seem too good, and it's quite freezing outside. And also, I haven't got much money to spend :D (it will be payday tomorrow though).

Today there will be a $3.30+R satellite tournament, which brings to the $700 PCA satellite qualifier, 3 packages guaranteed! Fingers crossed.
      I'll also play some S&G.
    • Rtwice
      Rtwice
      Bronze
      I played a lot of S&G yesterday, mostly single table $1.50 buy in, 6 people. Always finished 1st or 2nd. I also played a 180 people S&G, buy in $2.50, finishing the tournament 9th.

All the money I won has been lost at the PCA satellites though. I tried the $3.30 buy in one (rebuying once) and the $11 buy in one. The first one was going very well: I've been playing for almost 2 hours and I've always been in the first 10 positions. But then, I ended up losing it all just a few minutes before the rebuy period would have ended and the 30k chips add-on was going to be available.

Tonight I'll play a few more $1.50 s&g.
    • Rtwice
      Rtwice
      Bronze
      Haven't played much poker in the last few days. Work is keeping me very busy, making me tired and not able to focus enough to play poker by the time I get home.

I'm playing $1.50 6-max S&G only, keeping record of all of them on a nice and easy phone app I found on the playstore. The records show a total profit of $8.37, but I started using the app only two days ago. The real profit should be around $25 or so.

I also downloaded Hold'em Manager 2, which has 30 days of free trial. I just need to set it up.

Tomorrow I'll finally have a very much needed day off, so I could get done several things that I have to and, fingers crossed, I'll probably be able to spend a little more time playing.
    • Rtwice
      Rtwice
      Bronze
      Spend a chilled day off today. Gym and healthy food always make me feel great, which is a good pre-poker feeling to have.

I've played quite a few $1.50 S&G, this time the 9 people single table ones. I definitely made more bad plays than the usual, but still managed to finish the majority of the tournaments in the first 3 positions. The app on my phone shows me a total profit of $15.61 over 21 games played in 4 days.

I know, it is nothing, but as I said, my job keeps me way too busy.

Also, I set up hold'em manager 2, which has automatically imported all the hands played on pokerstars during the last year, showing me some horrible stats :f_o:

My net won is -$182.23 at cash games and -$349.76 at tournaments. So I wasted over $500 playing stupidly and for fun in one year.

Recovering those amounts would be a nice goal to chase. No deadline, as it would only rush things for no reason.

So, this is how I would like and probably will follow up on my poker adventure:

- Playing as many S&G as I can focusing on how to play every hand in the best way;
        - Marking all the "interesting" hand on HM2 and analysing them afterwards;
        - Starting to read "The poker Mindset" by Matthew Highler, which I bought long time ago but never read;
        - Buy " The mental game of Poker" by Jared Taylor, as I heard lot of positive feedback about it;
        - Going through poker basics again with the material that can be found here on PokerStrategy.com

And also, looking forward to meet some players here in London!