G'dayand and a quick suggestion about Starting times 4 Downunders

• hapijo
      hapijo
      Bronze
      gdayhi u may see me around with one of those smiley baby face pics on pkrstrs yep thats me anyway im still learning how to play this great game its got me hooked ,its the only game i lose in and still come back for more lol,
      Just wondering also why the poker sites start tournaments so late for Australian's & New Zealand,
      eg:_
      Starting them at 8:00pm they wont finish till after 11pm sometimes and thats really bad for us when us workers that are also trying to keep the world economy going, Cannot they start them between 6:00pm-6:30pm
      thanx
  • 5 replies
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      I think pokerstars have toruneys running all day long. Of course they differ in prizepool and enterant numbers greatly but that is only normal. You cant expect poker room to host its biggest tourneys when most of its users are sleeping.

If you are not satisfied with MTT you are beaing offered at certain times you need to seach for poker room which focus on your region players and offer better times or perhaps change your focus on SNG type MTTs or some other play style at all. There is not much you can do about it.
    • hapijo
      hapijo
      Bronze
      yeah all thats ok but i'm thinking of just the Australian tournaments and the people that come home in the evening, and that maybe these pokersites are american based and may not take into consideration that we are now on daylight saving time which makes it another hour difference than the normal,
      thanx
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey hapijo

Totally agree that starting times are a real pain, especially find that living in NZ. I know qualifiers on stars for events like the APPT are always a couple of hours late for me unless I decide to toughen up for the night. :(

Reality is though that unless we can supply a few more tens of million more population we probably won't get multiple start times for tourneys. X(
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Starting them at 8pm is a problem? It is 10pm here in NZ when they start.

And as for the big sunday tourneys, forget it. All we can do is read about other ps members fortunes after work. The timezones a major reason why I stopped playing tourneys altogether and focussing on cashgames now, but even that isnt easy when most of the action is on eurotime.
    • hapijo
      hapijo
      Bronze
      yeah for some reason they must think New Zealand an Australia are on the same time zones