[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Sh, Aa

• FishTom
      OK, so i've started to posting hands and here's some more:)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($25.15)
      BB ($25.35)
      Villain (UTG) ($30.10)
      MP ($37.40)
      Hero (Button) ($26.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
      Villain raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3, 2 folds, Villain calls $2

Flop: ($6.35) 2, 6, 4 (2 players)
      Villain bets $3.75, Hero raises to $9.25, Villain raises to $27.10 (All-In), Hero calls $14.40 (All-In)

Turn: ($53.65) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($53.65) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $53.65

Results in white below:
      Hero didn't show Ah, Ad (one pair, Aces).
      Villain had Qd, Qh (three of a kind, Queens).

STATS: VPIP 25 PFR 15 AF 7 WTSD 44

Villain raised from UTG and i 3 bet (maybe should have 3bet him 3.50 because of the blinds behind me). Flop was pretty scary, but his donkbet shows that he's not as strong as a set or a straight and he had only an overpair, so i was a huge favorite (i didn't put him on a flush/straight draws). And hes WTSD value was huge, but i knew he would pay me off right there and i decided not to wait until the turn where a scare card could drive him off (although WTSD value shows, it's not easy to drive him off). However the sample was only 48 hands, so that value doesn't indicate much. That's the reason for my raise on the flop. However he did hit his 2 outer on the river. Any comments?
  • 1 reply
    • TribunCaesar
      Good that you started to post hands. In generall I like your analysis and your play. I would raise a bit bigger on the flop to give him worse odds if he has a draw. Well, on the river, it's just a suck out. Buisness as usual ;)

Best regards,