Help - SSS strategy not working

• par2005
      par2005
      Bronze
      Hey,

I am 100 % sure, i do everything according to the rules. I raise only with predefined cards, i go all in when needed, i fold if the ratio is not acceptable and etc etc.

However, i'm still going down with my 50$.

Maybe i'm too predictable? But then, it wouldn't be SSS strategy, if i'd start bluffing and etc...
  • 12 replies
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      I'm sure that you do not follow sss perfectly, also how many hands did you play ?
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      just keep sticking to it, its just variance.
    • par2005
      par2005
      Bronze
      well i'm not sure where can i check that (i do use poker tracker trial), but at least in poker tracker it says 102 hands / hour average (i usually multitable up to 3 tables at once)

I stick only to the hands listed in the chart.
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Hello par2005,

SSS can be very swingy and you could have bad luck for very long (thousands of hands). Most begginers like myself lose alot of money by making mistakes. Even if you think you know the strategy there is always something might be missing and it is costing you money. A mistake here or there completely distroys any winnings you would make. So always read and reread the articles and watch some videos and attend coachings.

Good luck!
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      post some hands in the sample forum
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Par2.05k,

Members that posted earlier in this thread are telling the characteristics of SSS and the improvement you need to cope with the downsides of it.

I suggest that you visit Ingols coaching twice per week and ask as many questions you can. Prepare your questions when you play SSS for example, not them down in a notepad.

Originally posted by exorcism
      post some hands in the sample forum
      -> If you are unsure about whether you played your hand correctly, always post, you have to be open-minded to be a succesfull PokerPlayer, criticism is always a constructive feedback to improve, one should not see this as flame but rather a suggestion to improve your game

I hope you will get your game and discipline up,

Gerv
    • par2005
      par2005
      Bronze
      Hi everyone there,

First of all, I am very pleased to see so many warm replies here.

I took a look into my last three sessions in poker tracker, and looked into all the hands i lost, and found out, i wasn't playing 100 % of hands according to SSS rules. So i guess a small downswing + not sticking to the SSS rules made my $$$ move down.

I will definetly try to post more hands into samples forum, but now i don't want to post just because to post, because the most hands i lost were really a bad beat/luck, and nothing to discuss about.

I'll keep an update on how it goes, and if my statement was too strong :)
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      It does work!! but as stated above it can be quite swingy.

I almost doubled my BR in the first 3 or 4 days, and then stuck around there for about 5,000 hands..

in the next 3,000 or so, i went from about $110-$60 and now in the last 1000 hands ive had 30BB/100 hands and have just beaten NL10 and about to move up to NL20.

Big thing is realizing the strategy works and its on here for a reason. Little deviations from getting bored, can have big consequences, especially if they become bad habits. That was what happened to me. Now ive been more discliplied and beat that limit.

Keep it up, dont hesitate to ask questions, and good luck... or good variance :D
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      In sss "not following small" is HUGE thing.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Just try to post and comment hands in the sss forum where more experienced players can tell you what you are doing fine or wrong.

btw: I'm down in 16k hands yay thank god for omaha+rakeback.
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      sss does work. you can try to multitable to avoid boredom which is one of your main enemies in sss.

i tried to deviate sometimes but alas my reads on my opponent is awry and just cost money. sticking to it to the letter now, though sometimes i do lost (blame it on bad beat or bad luck as it just happens when a fish calls you and get his card on the river...) but my BR is steadily climbing up together with a steady accumulation of points....

just keep the faith...
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      SSS is profitable. I just don't play it so much cause i don't enjoy it .

what i do nowadays is i play SSS at a lot of tables at the begining of my session ( 8 tables for example) and then i choose the 4 most profitable tables and play BSS from there on. :)