25$ bankroll

• Agiz19

I would like to hear few opinions on what to do with 25$ br , play cash,sng,toruney,zoom,multitable-few table, what kind of brm would one chose to follow,etc...

Thanks for the responses.
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Agiz19,
      Are you restricted to NL Hold'em?
      If so, then you're options are very limited.
      :diamond:   NL 2
      :diamond:   Freerolls

It might matter where you play.
      On PokerStars for example, there are 0.02 cent 990 man hypers. Total shove fest, and if you are OK with hyper turbos you might be able to build a bankroll with them, but the variance is supreme.

PokerStars has a wide range of freerolls, and decent traffic in NL 2 both zoom and regular.

If you're able to multitable, I'd still stick to max 4 regular, 2 zoom -- but that is me. I know others can handle way more, but when I personally try, the quality of my play suffers.

If you play on PokerStars, you might consider some of the fixed limit games that aren't well known.
      I built a decent bankroll with FL $0.10/$0.20 5-Card Draw for example.

You'll need to do a heap of study if you're not familiar with whatever game you pick, but rest assured that few others at your table will have done any study at all.

Oh, and I personally prefer cash over SnG. SnGs (and MTTs) require an additional level of consideration due to the increasing blind levels. This can work in your favour of course, but it might be easier to just avoid it.

Speaking of avoiding, I'd avoid Twister/Spin & Go and other jackpot games. You can apparently lose 100 of these in a row even doing everything right. Not good if you're starting with a quarter of that.

Best of luck,
    • Rihard4a
      Micro MTTs.
    • kerith
      What have you played before? In which sites? How much time do you have to play? What do you want to do with that bankroll?

Those are important questions, I think, although there are more.

Here goes my 2 cents (I play cash, so this opinion is totally biased):

• If you don't really have much time to spend in a row, don't play MTTs (Multi-Table Tournaments). They are long as hell. However, the prizes are usually big in comparison to the entry fee.
      • I heard that there is much, much more variance in MTTs than in cash games, for example. I guess this represents itself in the form of missing final table 10 tournaments in a row, and then winning one for a huge prize.
      • If you are curious about the format, try sitting in a few freerolls, and see how you like it :)

SNGs (Sit-And-Gos) and Spin and Gos
      • The little sisters of MTTs, they take way less time, but still you need to commit a certain amount of time.
      • I guess there is less variance within these than in MTTs, but I am not really sure. The Spin and Gos are really fast (very few minutes), but hte variance is huge, especially with a push/fold strategy.
      • I don't really know much about these.

• Can join at any time, can quit at any time.
      • You really shouldn't have more than 4 tables open at any time.
      • The micros are full of fish, and with that bankroll and a solid strategy you can build up to 5NL pretty fast (Phil Gordon's Little Green Book, or confidant92's guide are good places to start).
      • If you are just learning, I recommend Zoom, since there the possibilities to get exploited by better players are much, much smaller. Thus, it's a great place to work on solid strategy, until you learn to exploit correctly.
      • I heard that the transition from cash to MTTs or SNGs is much easier than the other way around.
      • It probably will get more boring. If stealing the blinds is not exciting, you'll probably get bored with cash :)
      • The recommended BRM is the "20-25Buy-Ins": You always play with 100BBs (100BBs = 1 Buy In = Full Stack) at least, and thus you need a large Bankroll to cover it. In the smallest stakes there are (No-Limit 0.01-0.02 or 2NL), you should therefore have a 40$ Bankroll. I personally have less than that, because I am building it from the free money, but you should get a nice first deposit bonus, and at least double your money.

This is becoming a text wall, reply if I didn't make something clear enough :) Hope I helped.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      Dude just play whatever game you enjoy the most. There's no secret way to turn $25 into millions and if you follow any kind of BRM you're going to be playing for the lowest stakes against some bad players. So just pick the game that you enjoy most that way it has the most chance to keep your attention and keep you playing at the times it really drives you crazy (which it will)

Have fun man and good luck
    • mitozgd
      Dude, you just need to play, cause if you dont play you will not win.