I'll see you in another life, brother!

• lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      And here is where I'll change my life to a waaay better one in every aspect.
      See ya in anotha life, brotha!

My situation

Hello. My name is Alan, 23yo from Brazil. I live with my mom in a really small city called Imbuia and I have a great dog called Becca (a Boxer). I like to play guitar, skateboarding, chess, football and everything else there is to play... I love competition. And I never care much about life. I dropped the school before finishing because I couldn't handle the bullshit that they try to teach you. Never knew what I would do with my life, just knew that I would not live by their rules. And after many turbulent years I think I've finally found my self =]

My poker story

I learned to play poker watching the movie Maverick from Mel Gibson when I was kid, and I taught my friends how to play and we played for fun using lego pieces hahahaha. Then years later I discovered NL Texas Holdem on TV. Always played for fun. After some years I started to play online but never too serious, just enough to study a little and play some SNG. Meanwhile I was also playing live poker and doing very well. The reasons was: 1- I never tilted and always played my best game until the last chip. 2- I took the game more seriously than the others. But online I was the opposite, doing many things while playing (never playing focused), tilting, getting bored and way less excited. Then this year I decided to change for real and started to study again.

I'll also make weekly videos with summary and hand reviews.
  • 20 replies
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      Day Zero
      Yes. I'll start from day zero, sue me.

Finally I went through all steps and could start playing! Didn’t play too many hands because I was getting used to TableScan (and using a lot), table selecting all the time. And worked like a charm. BTW I played on NL2 because I didn’t played for 2 weeks… I needed to practice a little bit hahahaha… And yeah, I was quite slow.

I ran pretty hot actually but played very well. But this was just the kickoff… Now the game begins.
    • alonohara
      alonohara
      Bronze
      Add to favorites :f_cool:
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      @alonohara Welcome, I'll make your favorite worth it :f_cool:

Week 1

The first week was very cool. Had my first group coaching with Gordon and this made things clearer to understand. And it was a week of adaptation to the system so it obviously was a little hard to play... And that's why I didn't had too much volume. But yeah I'm happy with my first week. Can't wait to pass through this part and starting grinding for real. But until there I have to do the best in this part because this is the foundation for everything else... This is a very important step although it's a little boring.

Not a spectacular graph but that's not the point here. Now isn't about winning or not losing, is only about following/understanding the system! And then we go from there... Anyway I'm happy with everything.

Weekly summary video:

10 Commandments:

Goals for next week:
      - 20k hands
      - Learn
      - 60h playing / studying and poker things
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      Short update

Had another group coaching and it helped a lot. Helped to clarify some fucking spots that the fishes put us. Now it’s on me! I’ve to pay more attention pre flop, because sometimes I fold hands that I should have opened. On post flop too, sometimes I forgot to follow the lines because of action on multiple tables. I still have to look at the charts to see if I’m right in some spots and this affect my game.

There was some sick swings where I hit everything, then they hit everything, then I hit everything… But always going upright following the lines. Yes I did some stupid mistakes. But I have to do, right? It’s micro stakes! Mistakes are mandatory here hahahahahaha… Yeah, shut up. Anyway I tried something different… I played mostly on reg tables. They are horrible lol. It’s nice to play versus “regs” who think poker it’s about 3betting every hand, 3barreling bluff with non-sense hands and check-raise all the time AT MICRO STAKES. It’s easier and simple to play so that’s why I was chasing regs. BUT IT’S LESS PROFITABLE THAN FISH TABLES! That’s obvious, right? I just wanted to cut variance playing a simple game, but if you want money go after fishes. I hope no coach ever read this, sorry. Ah, and most of my mistakes are against huge fishes. So I cut this too.

Have to follow more strictly the rules, pay more attention and follow the new post flop rules. Soon it will all flow naturally!
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      Week 2

Running like a shit. There's not even much to say... Just out flopped every time, coolers, missing draws, etc... Except this I'm doing fine.

Downswing strikes again.

Weekly video:

This week goals:
      - 20k hands = Done
      - Learn = Learned a lot
      - 60h for poker = Done

Next week goals:
      - 25k hands
      - Starting playing at 8am everyday
      - 60h for poker
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      Week 3

Think it’s already time to stop running bad… But looks like the Poker Gods doesn’t agree with me. It’s ok, it will pass. And I’m happy since I had a good score on my reports so I’m one step closer to move to intermediate level. But need to fucking win money too to have a fucking bankroll for NL10! I’ll be there soon. And now I have changed my strategy. I’m playing on PokerStars to put volume and on iPoker to make money. Love you Zoom! Just need to stop running bad. Everything on my life is doing very well, just on poker that is shitty.

On the first day I thought that I would start winning again… Nope. Suddenly lot’s of KKvsAA, losing AAvsUnderpairs, flopped nuts versus anything that would end up beating me. Lot’s of coolers and setups, nothing much I could do. Of course I could have ended I little better but the results would almost the same. And I wasn’t able to play 25k due to table select to avoid further losses… And I took a day off to refresh.

Weekly video:

This week goals:
      – 25k hands = Fail
      – Start playing at 8am = Fail (started playing only in some days… There was almost no table open at 8am here lol)
      – 60h for poker = Done

Next week goals:
      – 25k hands
      – 60h for poker
      – Have a fucking profit
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      Week 4

Oh boy, same history again. The good thing is: I'm making very few mistakes. Don't have much to say, same thing as before. I saw that it's normal 50-100k hands downswing, so I feel a little better about this. And I need to do other things to relax, like playing guitar every day.

Well at least ended break even =D

Weekly video:

This week goals:
      - 25k hands = Fail
      - 60h for poker = Fail
      - Having a fucking profit = Fail

Next week goals:
      - 25k hands
      - 60h for poker
      - PROFITS!!!!!
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      Week 5

Downhill :D
      Let sums up: I have a strong hand, I bet, I lose. Yeap. The whole week. Couldn’t even play much because of stop loss. Always having the second best hand. Lost all confidence I had… Lost about 15€ due to bad play, but the rest it was stolen from me. Yeah PokerStars is rigged, everybody knows. I’ll do a crying video showing the graphs of particular hand strength and show some hands… But only after I get over this downswing, it will be a funny video. It sucks but whatever. I don’t wanna to complain every time… I know that shit like this happens and know that it wouldn’t be easy. Champions stand up one more time than the rest.

I don’t always see a flop, but when I do I totally miss it.

Weekly video:

This week goals:
      – 25k hands = Fail
      – 60h for poker = Done
      – Profits = Super mega fail

Next week goals:
      – 30k hands
      – 60h for poker
      – Play fucking well
    • alonohara
      alonohara
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm Inspirational Quotes grinder :challenge:
      See ya in anotha life, brotha! :fuckyeah:
      ==================================
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      @alonohara Insta loved that thread, ty!

Week 6

lol bad week. Started raining here on Wednesday and I couldn’t play anymore. I mean RAIN! All nearby cities got flooded (included mine but was the less affected). And don’t know why but this killed my internet. And also the power running off many times per day. Yeah I’m complaining about my internet while nearby cities are underwater =]
      Now the water as lowed but there’s more rain to come this week and next week… Let’s see what happens. Hope this don’t kill my internet again. And damn, today I couldn’t log again on PokerStars after lunch. My internet was super slow again, fuck. Can’t play! BTW I started playing NL10 this morning and ran bad. Just 1bi down until now but should have been 5bi up lol. Hope the rains don’t fuck my internet again.
      I’m really appreciating the coaching… Gordon is really good, and it’s never boring. Is always helpful and entertaining.

NL2 only on PokerStars. Yeah volume sucks because of what I said before… Don’t know if it will be much better this week -.-

Weekly video:

This week goals:
      – 30k hands – Fail. Well I couldn’t play so…
      – 60h for poker – Done
      – Play fucking well – Done

Next week goals:
      – Play as many as I can
      – 60h for poker
      – Make profit on NL10
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      Week 7

Well basically same as last weeks. Some days I couldn’t even connect. The only difference was that last week I played a lot for the first 2 days, this week I couldn’t. But later my internet got better but I had already give up from grinding. Decided to Update to Windows 10 and this took almost 3 days lol. Tons of bugs on upgrading but I finally managed to install. Now it’s fucking awesome! And my internet is good again, but sometimes I have little disconnects on PokerStars (only there). Yeah, PokerStars is dead now that they announce their big changes to 2016… I fucking hated. Had a dream to become supernova… Had a dream. I spend the whole week basically re-watching coaching sessions and improving my mental game. So it was not a total waste (plus I fixed everything I needed to fix). I’ve made a schedule on Stickk that I need to do each week. I’ll follow this schedule at least until next year (2 months). Maybe I’ll change after that if needed… For now those are the things I think it’s more important.

I played 5.5k but some hands was nl2 (lol I didn’t realize it…) so I put only nl10 in this graphic. Playing 6tables or less… 1bi up is better than nothing but should have ended with 10bi up so it’s frustrating. But I really need to change the way I face this. I can’t keep thinking “on nl2 I ran well and now I lost QQvsJT in 4bet all in pot”. I need to complete ignore this! But it’s hard to ignore that I had monster draws 4 times and didn’t hit a single one :)

Weekly video:
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      Week 8

Long long week… Little volume again, couldn’t find fishes lol. And since I was almost going back to NL5 I had to be careful. This is was 70h+ dedicated to poker, was very tiring. And I slept bad almost everyday, having weird/funny nightmares. But yeah, don’t have much time to spend on the blog because I have to do more things today and maybe play a little more

Mostly 2-4 tabling, the max was 6 tabling. Also played a lot in terms of hours in another network that doesn’t allow HUD. But got only 4$ there lol. Was funny I won pots with crappy hands and lost with strong hands… But I think it’s better to focus on only one site at the moment.

By the way takes too much time to make a video and my headset is broken, so it’s too much effort…

Ah, almost forgot... And I got pissed so many times this week due to Internet disconnections AND power going off. Did happened many times, only in big spots lol. Insta tilt, mega tilt, ultra tilt...
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      * If there's something I need to edit on this blog just let me know, don't delete it *

Week 9 – 12

Yeap it’s been a while since my last update :)
      Had some issues here and could not play much, so there was almost nothing to update. But everything is fine now and I can fully focus again. And I’ve started a new routine to push even harder. Hope my body adapts fast, because I’m sleepy all day long having 5 hours sleep at night… It will work.

Graphic until now on NL10

My game deteriorate a lot when I moved to NL10, but now I’m getting in shape again. I’ve played more hands, but played on Mobile. Yeah, I’ve played a lot of hands on Mobile. Was a little up there…

And this is my Kings graphic on NL10

This is so ridiculous lol… Blueline always bellow EV 0 line -.-
      Lost many times 4beting 3x and get called by low pocket pairs and losing versus flopped sets; Hitting set OTR vs runner runner straight… It’s bizarre. Green line should be easily around 100$, but that’s the game… When my blueline go above EV 0 line, I’ll open a champagne or something like this =]
    • la55i
      la55i
      You have a nice blog! I'll start following it. Keep up the good work :f_thumbsup:
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      @la55i Thank you and welcome! Good lucky in your journey too

First week of 2016

Hello everyone
      My game is improving a lot again :)
      I'm feeling very weak but tomorrow I'll do some exams...
      Anyway this first week of 2016 I was doing very well. Unlucky through the whole week especially at the end but even so I finish in the green. Volume is low because I'm not playing many tables like I used to. Quality is better than quantity without a good rake back.
      My goal for this year is win at least R$ 100k.

• lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      2nd week of 2016

Hello again. Almost didn't played between 9-17 because my whole family was here... So, last week was quite interesting. 4 unlucky days and 1 and a half good day lol. Anyway, playing way better. But still didn't played my best for 2 days... And had my best day so far, 10 bi up at nl10.

• lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      Weird week... Was really hard to win hands at showdown but was fun. And my fucking internet was a complete shit. They're are making improvements so ihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, that's great! And due to that I tilted a bit but nothing that could fuck me. Anyway, was a good week in terms of mental game, to get the punches on the river and keep battling. This month will be different. Different room, different strategies. Let's see how it goes

• lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      Forgot to update another week… But nothing special to tell, just learning the new preflop charts. Need more 20k hands to move to post-flop chapter, then the fun will begin :D
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      Going back to weekly updates
      Goals for April: 200 hours!