ps elephant / help needed with stats reading

• Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      hello!!

Can someone help me about how to read my stats on ps elephant what is a good avg, what are my weaknesses etc...

ty for you time and help

Christine :heart:

• 15 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hopefully this article will help give you a start Christine.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/61/

Regards, Steve
    • Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      hello Steve!

Thank you very much for this article, now im trying to read /understand it and see where im fitting with my stats lol

talk soon

• TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      :D Your welcome Christine.

Good luck with the article and your analysing too. Unfortunately i'm an NL player but i'm sure one of the FL players would be more than willing to help you with any specific statistic questions you may have.

Speak soon, Steve
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Christine,

the article above is old so I don't know if all stats are correct in there. I think I will check it out as this would be a nice article for FR players. :)

Your VPIP and PFR is a bit low. This can be very well because of your sample size. To be sure you could reread this article:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/793/

You fold way to much when in the BB against a stealraise. 55% is a good value. 60% is fine as well if you aren't too sure when playing out of position. This value highly depends on your samplesize so don't be too afraid of that yet.

The rest looks very good to me.
    • Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      tyvm for the quick overview and respond back :) Ill reread the article, to refresh my memory cant hurt for sure- again ty :)

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      very nice stats :)
      59% W@SD and 4BB/100 winrate is pretty upswing

I don't remember much about full-ring, but 1.6 agression factor is probably way too low on any sort of FL..

btw: what is the "squeeze" in FL?? In fact it's not even possible in fixed limit by the definition :/ Or does it have some other meaning here?
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      I have an idea about squeeze , i 3-bet a guy pf. one time and he folded maybe thats it :P
    • Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      very nice stats :)
      59% W@SD and 4BB/100 winrate is pretty upswing

I don't remember much about full-ring, but 1.6 agression factor is probably way too low on any sort of FL..

btw: what is the "squeeze" in FL?? In fact it's not even possible in fixed limit by the definition :/ Or does it have some other meaning here?
      thank you for your comments opal99 :) got a lot to work on for sure - doing my best to learn and practice in order to improve on every aspects, must say this is fun because I enjoy the diversity and having a lot to take care at once-- otherwise I get bored. I certainly am not since ive joined PS...keeps me quite busy lol

about the squeeze- imo - its when you check/raise after flop , something we could ask about tho.

• Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Squeeze is a 3-bet preflop after a raise and 1 or more coldcallers.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Squeeze is a 3-bet preflop after a raise and 1 or more coldcallers.
      How can we use it in FL?
      It's saying nothing to me to see Christine's 4% squeeze, as it can be done with monster or good to very good draw (any FD with 4 handed on flop etc.)
    • Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      Not for sure if I understand this right...is it if you cap after a raise and there is at least 1 cold caller?

• ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gambitwd
      Not for sure if I understand this right...is it if you cap after a raise and there is at least 1 cold caller?

If Yoghi is right then it's a 3-bet after a raise.

I don't think that it's useful for FL at all anyway. ;)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Its not useful for FL, and it only counts preflop.

For example

Hero is SB with AA

MP2 raises, MP3 folds, CO calls, BU folds, Hero 3-bets. Thats a squeeze.

MP2 raises, MP3 folds, CO folds, BU folds, Hero 3-bets. Thats not a squeeze
    • Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      gotcha :)
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      They explain it all at the "glossary". It's more useful in NL, just because you can value raise so all the callers and maybe the initial raiser will fold preflop or on the flop. It gives a lot of strength to your hand. You can use the squeeze play when you're holding a strong suited connector to control the action or to take the pot when you feel weakness from the initial raisers.