Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $7,56
      Hero:
      $5,00

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , T:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, 2 folds, SB raises to $0,28, BB folds, Hero raises to $0,80, SB calls $0,52.

Flop: ($1,64) T:heart: , 6:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,24, Hero raises to $1,20, SB calls $0,96.

Turn: ($4,04) 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4,04) 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $4,04

Another preflop minraiser. What range I can put him on with this stats? I decided to 4bet and after a call I hit a top pair and make a cbet which he calls. Is it ok to check it behind to the showdown? Any bet which meets a resistance means I'm pretty much commited here.
  • 3 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Preflop: i dont't like it .U raise medium hand from mp3 and get 3beted by maniacish guys so fold or call.ATo rarely can stand good in 3bet pots even against such guy.
      His 3bet range should be very very wide,like this:
      Board: Ts Td 9h
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 14.277% 12.77% 01.50% 127833 15060.00 { 22+, ATs+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }
      Hand 1: 85.723% 84.22% 01.50% 842937 15060.00 { ATo }

You rarely find such guys.Some stats programs shows 3bet% and call 4bet %.Use this stats.But with ATo you exceptionally rarely can 4bet.Agaist normal opp fold as I said earlier ,against this u can call.
      Flop:is ok ,maybe raise a bit more.
      On turn u still have tptk,another flush card so I'd bet here and he have wts25 so I think u can have FE sometimes.
      On river imho u have value bet with tptk.U can beat few hand here.

I have to admit that my latest passion is to play with lags and maniacs in microlimts.Overall my wars is profitable,but sometimes can be minus or breakeven result with many hours of headaches :D With latest one I played 6 h,I chased him on 4 tables,was -350BB,in the end - only 55bb.I lost stack AA, 50bb KK preflop.He was so lucky,won 9 all ins in a row against other guys and loose only one :D .And eventually he escaped from me in beginners tables where I can't get him anymore. X(
      You have to be prepared to big swings and should have to play postfop a bit more than ABC..And at first you have to watch how opp is playing,many hands,do a lot of notes.Sometimes those notes will not help you in this session ,but they help u next time.I usually play only with him that time.
      They are different and you have to choose way u play:tight aggressive with high pp to get him preflop,aggressive with tptk or contrary slightly loose passive and play with him postflop.Remember u have to have very good hand ,better nuts to win against him postflop.And u have to change play.They are using a lot of FE.Such hand as u play is their goal.
      Good luck. :)
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Thanks for your input dallievas, I find it very insightful :) .

About preflop - I know it sucks, but I've just checked this guy's 3bet preflop statistics in elephant and it's 50%. I don't use this statistic during my play and hand sample is small anyway, I know, but I've seen him doing it two or three times before and people were folding to his bets (once he had pocket sixes). So I thought I'll give it a try.

I didn't bet on the turn cause I didn't want to play for stacks with him and the pot was quite big due to the preflop action.

On the river I agree with you, I played badly and should have made a bet, I guess I was just curious what he had there and wanted to see the showdown cheaply.

Good luck to you too :) .

@EDIT: Just one more thing - I his bet was standard, that is 3 times my raise I will fold pf without a thought. That's why I've been asking about minraises meaning among other things. :)
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas
      Hi,
      Preflop: i dont't like it .U raise medium hand from mp3 and get 3beted by maniacish guys so fold or call.ATo rarely can stand good in 3bet pots even against such guy.
      His 3bet range should be very very wide,like this:
      Board: Ts Td 9h
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 14.277% 12.77% 01.50% 127833 15060.00 { 22+, ATs+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }
      Hand 1: 85.723% 84.22% 01.50% 842937 15060.00 { ATo }

You rarely find such guys.Some stats programs shows 3bet% and call 4bet %.Use this stats.But with ATo you exceptionally rarely can 4bet.Agaist normal opp fold as I said earlier ,against this u can call.
      Flop:is ok ,maybe raise a bit more.
      On turn u still have tptk,another flush card so I'd bet here and he have wts25 so I think u can have FE sometimes.
      On river imho u have value bet with tptk.U can beat few hand here.

I have to admit that my latest passion is to play with lags and maniacs in microlimts.Overall my wars is profitable,but sometimes can be minus or breakeven result with many hours of headaches :D With latest one I played 6 h,I chased him on 4 tables,was -350BB,in the end - only 55bb.I lost stack AA, 50bb KK preflop.He was so lucky,won 9 all ins in a row against other guys and loose only one :D .And eventually he escaped from me in beginners tables where I can't get him anymore. X(
      You have to be prepared to big swings and should have to play postfop a bit more than ABC..And at first you have to watch how opp is playing,many hands,do a lot of notes.Sometimes those notes will not help you in this session ,but they help u next time.I usually play only with him that time.
      They are different and you have to choose way u play:tight aggressive with high pp to get him preflop,aggressive with tptk or contrary slightly loose passive and play with him postflop.Remember u have to have very good hand ,better nuts to win against him postflop.And u have to change play.They are using a lot of FE.Such hand as u play is their goal.
      Good luck. :)
      nice post
      hi
      4 beting at is almost never good unless you know he is so spewy to go all in with a worse hand with a high frequency
      against this player i call to see the flop in position
      raise more the flop to 1.7 at least .
      bet turn and bet river for value . you will have the best hand always when he check turn + river to you
      gl