XenonX's bankroll challenge. $10 to $1000 by end of 2015.

• xen0nx
      xen0nx
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome to my bankroll challenge.
      My goal with this blog is, to keep me motivated throughout this challenge, and hopefully discuss some of my hands, both the good, the bad, and the ugly ones.

ABOUT ME
      I am 26 years old, and i am from Denmark.
      i got AP degress in Web Delevopment, though i currently work at a passenger boat.
      I have had a passion for poker for a few years now, but recently started to take it more seriously.
      My motivation is not to get rich or become pro, but i like to put up goals and challenges for myself.
      besides poker and work, i do play my share of games. to menention a few :

Counter-strike : Global offensive
      Heroes of newerth
      GTA 5 (Online)
      Kerbal Space Program.

But enough about me ;)

THE GOAL
      My goal is to reach $1000 by 31th of Dec. 2015. sounds simple? we'll see :f_biggrin:

THE PLAN
      To evolve as a poker player from losing player to winning, by playing solid poker with the help of this community hopefully.
      I wanna play around 2k zoom hands daily, or at least try to.

I would consider myself TAG, but i do like to make adjustments against my average villian tendencies.

THE BANKROLL AND MANAGEMENT
      I will start with $10, its 5Buy-ins(BIs) at NL2.
      My Bankroll Management is :
      Move up when i got 30 BI for next level, i will take 2 shots at next level with a max of 2 BIs.
      If i complete my move-up then i will stay there till i drop to 40 BI of previous level.
      If i fail my shot at next level, i will go back and grind at least the 2 lost BI + 2 more before taking an other shot.

THE BLOG
      I hope to update my blog at least once a week, but preferable with daily charts of my grinding session.
      i hope to have a friendly yet educational discussion with those who decides to follow this blog.
      Though the main goal with the blog is just to keep me motivated and document my progress and keeping myself honest at all times.

Thanks for reading :)

CURRENT STATUS
      Current bankroll: $31.86

edit log:
      16/09/15 10:13 CEST - Added current bankroll to first post, and lastest chart
      16/09/15 14:06 CEST - Updated Bankroll with chart.
  • 7 replies
    • xen0nx
      xen0nx
      Bronze
      Starting first session now. hoping that i will be able to make 2k hands with just $10 bankroll :)
    • xen0nx
      xen0nx
      Bronze
      My session last night

Went a bit hot and won 8/13 coinflips :)
    • xen0nx
      xen0nx
      Bronze
      Started a new session about 20 minutes ago. its going well.
      will update the post once i am done with the session.

Started to tilt after losing 4 times against 3-4 outers, so taking a small break

Update :
      After an hour break, i continued towards 2k mark of the day. but i met a lot of preflop aggression, so i 4bet my value hands and got into a few AA vs KK, or KK vs AK and lost. but at least it wasn't because i was on tilt, just standard suckouts and coolers :)

I will post a few hands that i found interesting after i get home from work.

Overall i think this is just a downswing and i am focused on not letting it rattle me.

• xen0nx
      xen0nx
      Bronze
      Edit: Btw i do not use HUD during gameplay because my database has a low sample size. and might distract me.

I got a few hands from todays session i would like to discuss, i hope to get some feedback. results will be removed, as the result is not important.

first hand is
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 150 BB (VPIP: 13.04, PFR: 13.04, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 23)
      SB: 202 BB (VPIP: 12.50, PFR: 4.17, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 24)
      BB: 59.5 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
      UTG: 160.5 BB (VPIP: 13.64, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 22)
      Hero (MP): 188 BB
      CO: 118.5 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:spade: A:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 3.5 BB, BB calls 3 BB

Flop: (12 BB, 3 players) J:diamond: 4:diamond: K:heart:
      SB checks, BB bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, BB raises to 44.5 BB, Hero raises to 145 BB, BB calls 11 BB and is all-in

Turn: (123 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:

River: (123 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond:

First question i asked myself before raising the flop was : What can he hold ? Sets, 2 pairs, TPGK/TPTK, and Kx of Diamonds. reason : he was rather short stack and they like to shove on those kinds of boards.

Second Question : Do i have Equity to call/raise ? I did a quick assessment that i had around 38% equity(Backdoor straight and backdoor nut flush draws combined with TPTK and Ace blocker) . and i at the time i roughly judged that even if he bet his whole stack it would be less than 40% Pot odds (i dont use calc. or others while playing), so i felt like i had to equity to raise, and so i did.

Do you agree?

2nd Hand

BTN: 115 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
      SB: 84.5 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
      BB: 72.5 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
      UTG: 116 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 6)
      MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
      Hero (CO): 121 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: T:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9.5 BB, 3 players) 5:heart: K:heart: A:spade:
      BB bets 4.5 BB, Hero raises to 16 BB, fold, BB raises to 69.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 53.5 BB

Turn: (148.5 BB, 2 players) K:club:

River: (148.5 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Players agreed to run it twice.

Turn #2: (148.5 BB, 2 players) T:club:

River #2: (148.5 BB, 2 players) K:spade:

This was a wierd hand, all i can say is that i had nut flush draw + TP. but honestly i dont think that worse hands would call that raise or even reraise often enough to be profitable.
      but his preflop action at the time just screamed to me, that he was bluffing.

Would you expect a shortstacker to flat KK+ or AK preflop? cause i see it rarely. so that leaves out 55, but its still a stupid situation i brought myself in, by raising.

Last Hand

BTN: 42.5 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
      SB: 100.5 BB (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 19)
      Hero (BB): 107.5 BB
      UTG: 111 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)
      MP: 107.5 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
      CO: 241.5 BB (VPIP: 26.09, PFR: 26.09, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 24)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls 1 BB, fold, Hero checks

Flop: (2.5 BB, 2 players) J:diamond: K:club: Q:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (2.5 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (2.5 BB, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero bets 106.5 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 41.5 BB and is all-in

This third hand was in the periode where i was on tilt, so i decided to shove it on river, because only worse or equal hands could call, but honestly i didn't expect a call due to flop and turn action.

I feel like the 2 last hands was played poorly and first hand was though but overall i still think that its a profitable raise and reraise against this type of villian.
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Hey.

How often You play csgo? Rank?

No dota2? :f_frown:
    • xen0nx
      xen0nx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gAsheks
      Hey.

How often You play csgo? Rank?

No dota2? :f_frown:
      I am LE, and i play 1-2 hours per daily. mostly when i take break from poker :)

Nah, i find dota 2 to be a bit slow paced. compared to HoN.

Edit : Just deranked to DMG. :(

Anyways, gonna try to get my daily session done :)
    • xen0nx
      xen0nx
      Bronze
      Horrible Session

A mix of a bit of spewing and some coolers made me lose roughly $10 of my bankroll.

i ran into Royal flush Vs my full house and slow-played sets vs my AA/KK on drawy boards.
      and overall i just played like a fish :(

Gonna go over my 3 last sessions and review it.

and see why i went so well in first session and so bad in the others, maybe i played differently or maybe its just variance.

Anyways 7212 played hands the past 3 days and bankroll is now : $11.07 *cries*

my VPIP is 22.21 and PFR is 17.32.

used leaktracker on my small sample and only stats that is not in green zone is, Fold to Flop bet and Fold to Turn Bet.

Also i was getting 3bet relentlessly, when i opened on BTN/CO. i tried tighten up my range to be slightly ahead of their 3bet range, but it seems that most of the time they 3bet or Squeeze with AK/KK+. so many i should just start folding and only flat to set mine when Eff. stack sizes allows it or 4bet/allin when i have KK+ myself.