Battle of the Donkeys Season 2 Over: Feedback and Outlook

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      The Second Season is over!

Winning team is Team SoyCD, which was closely followed by the Mod Squad.

The prize pot went to the top 3 players of the winning team, the top 2 of the runner up team and the best player of the community. It was distributed in the following fashion:

Team SoyCD
      1) Hlynkinn: $215 Sunday Million Ticket
      2) Timukasr: $55 80k GTD Ticket
      3) Grimzor: $55 80k GTD Ticket
      Mod Squad
      4) Cannell555: $55 80k GTD Ticket
      5) Chiller3k: $55 80k GTD Ticket
      Best Player
      6) sidewalker: $55 80k GTD Ticket

Give us your feedback! How did you like the Season? What could be done better or changed for next time? Should we switch to a whole new format for a while? Discuss!
  • 39 replies
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      I enjoyed the season, although I didn't personally have any success this season. I'm definitely looking forward to the next season. I'm sure if we make any changes, it will only be for the better.

Off the top of my head, at the moment, I don't know what I would change, if I would change anything at all, but I'll think on it and chime in as we toss around thoughts and ideas.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I think all qualified members should have to confirm their seat in a team, no later than Wednesday. No confirmation, No seat. That way we could run promotions every week. As it stands the most of the BOD's thread is people asking for stakes, which anywere else on the forum, is not allowed. Maybe this will increase the fun factor and get people more active and involved.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      when is season 3 starting?

grats hlynkinn ship the million!!!
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by cannell555
      As it stands the most of the BOD's thread is people asking for stakes,.
      Stake me stake me :D Please :tongue:
    • qcjunior
      qcjunior
      Bronze
      thank-you for allowing me to participate in the BOD this year.
      for the fun of it,and the learning experience,being down$5 over-all is worth it for me. :)
      I have been playing the past couple of sundays,@ 14:15pm,the $3re-buy/$40.000 guarantee(poker stars).
      the thing is after all the re-buys and add-ons,the pot is over $70,000, and up to 900 places pay out,starting @$22 for 900th place.
      the $3 buy-in would allow us new donkeys to practice BMR,and play at the same time,and the $3 re-buy option would allow the more advanced donkeys to re-deem thier integrity,many times if need be.

I look forward to season 3,and would probably participate if the buy ins were larger as-well.
      I will be there with bells on/and wagging my tail.
      After last night I was thinking of changing my signature to
      give me POKER STRATEGY or give me DEATH! haha. :D

I won't surrender,I will defend this island with bullets.
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Bronze
      Even I played in just 2 or 3 of them, it was an awsome experience.
      Chating with other members on IRC channel, sweating with other players still in, etc.

Hlynkinn, ship that sun mill.
      All the best to other members in 80k

Can't wait for season #3 to start
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Wow, a surprise for me that i won a ticket. That is really nice. Well played guys, congratz to Hlynkinn and other winners of 80k GTD. See you at the tables :)

I really enjoyed this event and i am sure i will participate in next tourneys. Bit sad i had to skip last tourney, but anyway - really looking forward for next season.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by qcjunior
      thank-you for allowing me to participate in the BOD this year.
      for the fun of it,and the learning experience,being down$5 over-all is worth it for me. :)
      I have been playing the past couple of sundays,@ 14:15pm,the $3re-buy/$40.000 guarantee(poker stars).
      the thing is after all the re-buys and add-ons,the pot is over $70,000, and up to 900 places pay out,starting @$22 for 900th place.
      the $3 buy-in would allow us new donkeys to practice BMR,and play at the same time,and the $3 re-buy option would allow the more advanced donkeys to re-deem thier integrity,many times if need be.

I look forward to season 3,and would probably participate if the buy ins were larger as-well.
      I will be there with bells on/and wagging my tail.
      After last night I was thinking of changing my signature to
      give me POKER STRATEGY or give me DEATH! haha. :D
      Just for the record, you need a higher BR to play $3 rebuys, than you do to play a $5 MTT. ;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Just for the record, you need a higher BR to play $3 rebuys, than you do to play a $5 MTT. ;)
      What would you recomend for that? , I have around 650 on stars and I'm not quite sure if it's enough so I stopped playing them
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      What would you recomend for that? , I have around 650 on stars and I'm not quite sure if it's enough so I stopped playing them
      for normal freezeouts 75+ bi is enough although most will want to use 100bi brm..

For rebuys I use the same brm but I multiply the buy in by 3 (original bi, 1 rebuy, 1 addon) meaning you should treat 3$ rebuy as a 9$ tourney... So you would have to have 900$ to have 100bi...

as to stay on topic I'm obv. happy about this season :) ... although I didn't learn how to have fun in this 15k guaranteed until I managed to hit the late stages for one time :) ... Having a different tourney every season could be cool... but it could be hard due to pokerstars not offering too many tournaments...

ty ya'll :)
    • dpt2008
      dpt2008
      Bronze
      Congrats to all the ticket winners! Bring home the big wins!!

I had a great time playing the BotDs (in the community and on the teams). The only complaint I have is: The season was too short. I was just getting into it. :)

Thank you all for making it such a good time.

Look forward to next season in whatever shape it takes.

cheers,

-steve-
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Had a great time with this. Congrats to the winners........

Am definatly in next season, whatever thr format, these community things such as BOD and Int. League are good fun. I would never have attempted a $5 buy-in on my own just a few months into my poker 'career'. Even at this level though I was still amazed at the number of donks.

Suggestion........could we play in something that started a bit earlier? Whenever I go deep into the tourney, the next day is in a zombie trance.....
      (A selfish request maybe as I am in a different time zone to Europe)
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      I put together something that I think is fairly similar to the way it is run now.

I think there should be more teams and everyone on the team has to be staked. Each mod/coach should captain a team of 4 or 5, the mod/coach is a permanent member. Half of the winnings go to the player and the other half goes to the prizes/repaying the stakes. The bottom guy leaves and the top finishers from the community teams get promoted. Community team is not staked (it is more like a try out than a team).

As far as prizes go

#1a top player (total winnings or points)
      #1b top captain (total winnings or points)
      #2 best finish
      #3 captain of best team (this prize can be given to another player on team if captain feels his best player is more skilled than himself)
      #4 top 2,3 or 4 point/cash contributors to the winning team (obviosly capt. isnt part of this unless he swaps with a team mate)

It would be cool if we could get all the communities organized together on this too for more teams.

I think the tourney is perfect. Low buy in but nice prizes for good finishes.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i would like the BOTD to be the $5000 Garentee at Stars. This tournament starts 4 hours earlier than the $15000 Guarentee so it would be good for our European members. Also more staking oppertunities and more teams.
      Also: I am Canadian so this tournament starts at 7 am local time i canada
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      SM ticket.... SHIP IT shiperdieship it :D
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      Suggestion........could we play in something that started a bit earlier? Whenever I go deep into the tourney, the next day is in a zombie trance.....
      (A selfish request maybe as I am in a different time zone to Europe)
      Not selfish at all. I'm on GMT, 1hour before the CET, Still I think that The BoD should be held earlier. i already suggested the Daily 30K, which start 1 hour earlier I guess. It's a 10+1$ buy in, but it still is a good average buy-in for the whole community. For example, those who usually play 10-30$ buy in, won't dislike it. At the same time those who use a 1-5$ buy in will like the challenge to try a higher buy-in without going outta BRM with there own BR. Those low buy in MTT players will of course have a BR for 10$ MTT even before the end of the season, most of the time. The other possitive aspect is that the overall pot will be higher, and we could reward more players: example, the most number of cash in each team, or the higher finish in each team.
      for fun we can also award a seat to the worst team, the one who guess the less medals :D . Or the never-give-up team. Oh what we also need to change in the next BOd is the winner and runner runner :P

I like what Bkbart says about "all the team players has to be stacked": the reason is that, those who play in a team and don't get stacked won't contribute in the total Pot if they win, but they'll get the favor of placing high enough to get a prize at the end. Meaning that they get paid paid for the money they didn't raise... I know that this happens quite alot in the past BOD, and it's not totally fair, is it?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I'll take the same line as others then. Lets play the BOD's in the Sunday million, and stake every single PokerStrategy player! I mean who cares how much it costs pokerStrategy, pfff.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      if you don't want the stake, the buy in goes straight to the pot as far as I know...

Wouldn't be fair to all players if they had to play staked :)
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      I'll take the same line as others then. Lets play the BOD's in the Sunday million, and stake every single PokerStrategy player! I mean who cares how much it costs pokerStrategy, pfff.
      What I said was a "Suggestion", anyway, a 11$ buy in don't mean that it cost money to Pokerstrategy since the money used to stake people will be the money won during the each session. Ofc the first session will be fund, but then it can be paid back further in the competition with the money raised.

@ Hlynkinn staking everyone in each team will be profitable when one of the winner gets far. It will refund a lot of previous buy-ins and also will reward that player for his high finish. It goes on the same spirit as the BOD; you get far overall, you help built the pot, you get rewarded for that.
      What do you think?