[NL2-NL10] nl25 JJ

• excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (UTG+1) ($8.45)
      MP1 ($19.35)
      MP2 ($25)
      MP3 ($40.30)
      CO ($5.45)
      Button ($25.15)
      SB ($30.70)
      BB ($17.25)
      UTG ($5)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J:heart: , J:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, MP2 raises to $3, 5 folds, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($6.35) 10:spade: , Q:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $4, Hero folds

Total pot: $6.35 | Rake: $0.30

MP2 didn't show
      Outcome: MP2 won $6.05

the guy was pretty loose up to that point but he overbet me preflop, what should i have done?

he said he had 96o but i think he was trying to put me on tilt (successfully)
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I don't know how you have time to chat with all the tables open with SSS. ;)

1) You shouldn't be at a table with so big stack. If you were waiting to get blinded out then it's ok.

2) I usually raise JJ when I double up as well, so... If you are 100% sure he is very loose player, maniac in other words, then you have an easy shove preflop. Although I would recommend that, I make an easy fold without decent stats or reads on the opponent, therefore I also use 3-bet stats when I play. OR if you are not 100% sure he's a very loose-aggressive player, then you have an easy fold to a 3-bet with such a big stack.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      lol

i thought i should have shoved too

good advice

how do you know what it is i am doing?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      how do you know what it is i am doing?
      I'm Big Brother and I'm watching you! :D
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Calling sucks because you'll have to fold when he bets on the flop. You need to decide preflop wheither to shove or fold.. usually I don't shove JJ with a big stack, but then again I usually don't have a read :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Calling sucks because you'll have to fold when he bets on the flop. You need to decide preflop wheither to shove or fold.. usually I don't shove JJ with a big stack, but then again I usually don't have a read :)
      I agree with this,

You are postflop OOP with just Jacks with a significant stack but still not doubled up in my opinion.

If you call here, you put yourself in a dangerous position due the fact that you didnt get any information of what kind of holdings he had + you are not in position.

so I suggest either Reraising him preflop or Fold.
      Folding here with such a read as yours (Maniac etc.) is not very cool so I just shove it here and hope that I will have a 60bb stack :}}

Best regards,

Gerv