[NL2-NL10] KQ at MP3 (8 handed)

• zumda
      zumda
      Bronze
      0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, Q
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO raises to $0.70, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.55) 9, J, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.39 (All-In), CO calls $1.39.

Turn: ($4.33) 3
      River: ($4.33) 7

Final Pot: $4.33

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows [ Ks, Kc ] two pairs, Kings and Jacks
      Hero shows [ Kh, Qc ] a pair of Jacks
      CO wins $4.12 USD with two pairs, Kings and Jacks.

Should I play such a hand? And if I should, would you rather go all in befor the flop after the raise from CO?
  • 4 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Hi zumda.

KQo is a fold on mp3. After he minreraises it's also a fold.
    • zumda
      zumda
      Bronze
      I thought that when I looked at it afterwards... I guess I just tilted when I hit fold for 15 minutes...

I hope that is normal when playing SSS, or else I really have to review the strategy again...

Thanks for the reply!
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello zumda,

you have to know that tilt is one of your worst enemies in online poker and whenever you think you are not playing your perfect game(I don't mean without mistakes that you as a beginner cannot even realize, but the fact you play differently as you normally would) just close the poker applications and go away from the computer for a while, relax and come back when you feel ready.

I understand that clicking fold button for 15 minutes gets you frustrated, specially when you wait for AA for 10min and then someone busts you with Q7s, but the beauty of SSS is in playing more tables, which means getting good hands more often, so you don't have to wait for ages to get a decent hand.

All I can say is, play one or few tables at most till you learn how to play in different situations and when you feel confident enough try to add one table at a time to your sessions.

...about the hand I totally agree with alejandrosh. :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Zumda,

Balancing your amount of tables + your learning curve when playing SSS is also an important aspect when you get quite bored often. If you aren't comfort with playing 12 tables but are quite bored with 4 for example, try out to play like 6 or 8 tables at a time , that will do the trick

As played, KQo is not worth it on Mp3 and fold accordingly when someone raises you any amount.

Please remove the results next time in your future sample hands!

I hope this makes sense otherwise hit the reply button :)
      - Gerv