It's-a-me!

• agentcocotte01
      agentcocotte01
      Bronze
      Hey everyone !

My name is Sarah
      I've been playing poker online for a couple years, always play money, very new to real money!
      I play with friends also little friendly games. I've been playing mostly on full tilt and subscribed to William Hill through here !
      This website is very helpful in Working on my poker skills :)
      My girlfriend plays in poker clubs and I'd love to play as well but I feel too weak yet.
      Hope I'll meet a lot of awesome peeps here and become a (semi) pro :s_biggrin:
  • 4 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi Sarah, welcome to Pokerstrategy!

It's great to have you around here. Looks like you already have a tracked account as well, so you're well on your way.

About live poker, it's true that it can seem a bit intimidating, but on the plus side, I've heard that there are plenty of fish around there. Either way, it would be wise get some experience online first. I'm sure you'll find that real money games are quite different to play money games in almost every aspect. But it will be a nice experience to make.

So what kind of games do you like play? We should have plenty of material for you here, in any case.

And if you're serious about your game, maybe you would also like to start a blog in our blogs section to keep us updated?

I hope to see you around!
    • agentcocotte01
      agentcocotte01
      Bronze
      Hey !
      Money games are really different that is true ! :)

I love hold'em, I tried omaha but can't seem to understand. :f_tongue:

I love to play Rush/Speed type games, and Jackpot/Twister type games as well !
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Well, it's a small world, I actually started studying Omaha as well this week. It's an interesting game, and we do have some material on it, but it would probably be better to focus on Hold'em for the time being.

Looks like you prefer cash games over tournaments, so I suggest taking a look at our overview of NL Hold'em lessons. This should contain everything to get you on your way, and it is structured in a coherent manner. There is also a great video series (forum thread here) on shorthanded cash games by our coach w34z3l, but you would need to have at least silver status to access it. But since you already have a tracked account, maybe this is something to check out in the future.

We also have a few articles on Twister/Spin&Go poker, which can be found here and here.

It might also make sense to take a look at some of our Basic articles. I don't know how much experience exactly you already have with poker, but I assume that you can at least skip the articles on rules and terminology. Everything else should be useful, but that's your call.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    • agentcocotte01
      agentcocotte01
      Bronze
      AWESOME ! :)
      I do love tournaments as well, but not as much ! :)
      I sure will take a look at the articles !
      Thanks for your help :)