$8,60
      Hero:
      $1,80
      MP3:
      $2,90
      CO:
      $10,10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:heart: , 7:club:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO calls $0,10, BU folds, SB calls $0,05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,40) 8:spade: , 6:spade: , 8:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,30, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,30, SB folds.

Turn: ($1,00) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,50, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,00

My biggest question is about flop, can I bet here, or should play passive? Turn bet was small, because I would like to get called.
  • 3 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Hi , on the flop I like to bet out , you still have to protect against the flush draw, that 7 you have block some gutshots and the 7 :spade: but by betting you 1. protect your hand 2. get more money into the pot.

turn: well, you hit quads, pray for villian having a pocket pair or a 6.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      One thing i wouldn't do on turn is bet 1/2 Pot. I think it looks too strong.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Jenoc,

Postflop: Bet Potsized to protect your Trips against a that can come on the Turn, also you like to build up the pot if a does not come, gives you more money in the end aint? ;)

Turn: You can either decide to continue betting 2/3+ of the pot or you can check in order to induce a bluff.
      I only will check the Turn with Quads and other holdings that have a winning chance of 100% (Quads/RoyalFlush/StraightFlush and TopFullHouse maybe)

Checking is not bad on the Turn because if an Ace or King comes and he has Ax or Kx, well guess what happens on the River ;)

I hope this makes sense otherwise hit the reply button :)
      - Gerv