Introducing, myself.

• Tomohawked
      Tomohawked
      Bronze
      Hello everybody,
      My obsession with Poker all started with a trial home game with a cheap deck of cards and some wary mates. Soon after, we realised this would become a weekly affair. So, we butchered an old pool table for its solid surface and green felt for the weeks and months ahead.

Since then a few years have passed and during that time I deposited a small amount online and played the occasional S'n'G. Having thought I was a decent player from my experience at our home games, I usually played way too loose and I eventually lost what I deposited. I've only recently started to take Poker more seriously and thought I’d try to build a BR (with PS’s help of course).

Having seen High Stakes Poker on TV many times.. ‘Raaiiiiisy Daiisy!’. I decided to study so I could become a winning player at the cash tables. I started by learning the SSS to build up my confidence. Once I’d done this using the SSS on NL10. I moved down to NL5 to sample the BSS as I wasn’t enjoying playing using the SSS and I haven’t been short stacking since. The SSS served its purpose and worked quite well for me but compared to the BSS, It doesn’t come close. My BR has been increasing at a much faster rate since I made the switch.

This site has so much to offer, I don't think you could improve it. I can't say the same for my game just yet though. :D

Many thanks PS, Tomohawked
  • 3 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Hi tomo

best thing to do is forget everything you have learned about poker from tv, on high stakes poker the skill levels are all similarly high so all decisions are made on a situational basis which is not relevant to us little people.

Even experienced players often find weaknesses in their games quickly when they join pokerstrategy. Be patient and study hard, the results will come.

good luck
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Tomohawked and welcome!

A very nice introduction - and I hope you continue having fun with poker :) We will continue to take care of giving you the needed tools - you just need to use them!

BSS is in fact a lot more fun than SSS (at least for me it is) yet also requires a lot more experience since the mistakes and leaks get more expensive. So be sure to continue posting your hands so that you continue winning :)

Best of luck at the tables!
      SoyCD
    • Tomohawked
      Tomohawked
      Bronze
      Soy and Del, thankyou for your comments.

I will make more of an effort to read some more of the articles. To hopefully erradicate yet some more leaks from my game. I love to watch the Videos that are available, these really help me spot the mistakes I've been making.

I remember one session with the BSS, where my first hand I decided to slow play trip 7s in a freeplay from the CO in a mutliway pot. I had 10 7, flop was A 7 7, villian leads out with what was almost certainly a decent Ace. I had to rebuy after that hand was done and miraculously I didn't tilt at all afterwards. I realised I had played the hand terrible from start to finish and deserved to get stacked. (I will post this hand soon, for those who like seeing a good stacking)

Happy Fishing,
      Tomohawked