From $20 to $2000 Poker zoom

• churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Hi,

this is my third attempt on bankroll challenge. All previous times I failed quite quickly. From last time I still had some poker points that I was able to exchange into 20$, with that stack Im continue my bankroll building, this time my goal - 2000$

Ill play on poker stars zoom 6 players tables

that much for now

Report:
      week 1: 30000 hands +$19
      week2: 26290 hands +$26.12
      week3: : 24686 hands -19.37
  • 51 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hopefully this time you’re challenge will be a success.
      What kind of Bankroll Management are you planning to do on the ZOOM tables?
      Further I wish you all the best with you’re challenge to reach a 2k bankroll :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Hi SDK1987,

thanks I think it's safe to say Ill try a lose bankroll management

Today Update: Busted, lost all bankroll

I still have some poker points just enough for another 20$, So ill try again with same bankroll and same goal (would be 4th attempt)
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Tuesday Update :
      total (with some hands in yesterday) +13.06

well I didn't go busted so that's good. After I busted my previous 20$

I really were looking at my hands, reading some articles and noticed bad behaviors and calls, post-flop lays ect. Working now on evaluating many things, but one of most important - MINDSET.

Without good mindset you cant play poker, especially zoom poker where hands go so fast and if you are tired, tilting you immediately will be losing money, also leaks draws bankroll faster than in regulars.

So Im doing warm ups before sessions (reading article, watching youtube grinders) to put myself in right mindset.
      When Im able to analyze every opponents move and take time to analyze before big my moves and not afraid to fold on river I know that Im in right mindset.

Well here we go for tmw.
    • NLgr1nd3r
      NLgr1nd3r
      Bronze
      Good luck!
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Thanks NLgr1nd3r

Second day Update: 6442 hands and - 7.38$ back to almost starting bankroll

I'm so fucking frustrated. So frustrated beyond angry. I was having a nice game all day coming up to + 15 for day profit and things were starting to look my way and was getting happy and was falling in Love with poker once again. But then that bitch called Bad Beads decided to make a visit:

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $2.43 (121.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.01 (100.5 bb)
      UTG: $2 (100 bb)
      MP: $3.45 (172.5 bb)
      CO: $3.14 (157 bb)
      BTN: $6.99 (349.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J J
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.06, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, CO calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.37) 3 2 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, CO raises to $0.44, Hero raises to $1.83, CO calls $1.39

Turn: ($4.03) 7 (2 players)
      River: ($4.03) 9 (2 players)

Results:
      $4.03 pot ($0.14 rake)
      Final Board: 3 2 6 7 9
      Hero showed J J and lost (-$2.01 net)
      CO showed A 6 and won $3.89 ($1.88 net)

SB: $2.88 (144 bb)
      BB: $2.13 (106.5 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $2 (100 bb)
      MP: $1.57 (78.5 bb)
      CO: $2.69 (134.5 bb)
      BTN: $2.54 (127 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A K
      Hero raises to $0.06, 4 folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) 3 J K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, BB raises to $0.26, Hero raises to $0.48, BB raises to $2.07 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.46 and is all-in

Turn: ($4.01) T (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($4.01) 8 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      $4.01 pot ($0.14 rake)
      Final Board: 3 J K T 8
      BB showed J K and won $3.87 ($1.87 net)
      Hero showed A K and lost (-$2 net)

SB: $4.96 (248 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2 (100 bb)
      UTG: $2.07 (103.5 bb)
      MP: $2 (100 bb)
      CO: $4.10 (205 bb)
      BTN: $1.52 (76 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.07, BTN calls $0.07, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BTN calls $0.13

Flop: ($0.48) 6 Q 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BTN raises to $1.32 and is all-in, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.12) 8 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($3.12) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $3.12 pot ($0.11 rake)
      Final Board: 6 Q 5 8 2
      Hero showed A A and lost (-$1.52 net)
      BTN showed 8 6 and won $3.01 ($1.49 net)

I started to tilt and played few hands terrible but then i got my Mindset back to business but that again my opponent got ridiculous lucky and in just 2.5 hour time I lost 21$ Going from plus 15 to losing 21 in 2 hours on NL2 is such a hit below the bell . well maybe for other it would look ridiculous that Im so upset about it , but i really put a lot of effort in poker lately and for my bankroll and free time that I have left to lose like that was a serious.

And yes I know that bad beats are part of the game luck plays the role here too, but it begin to get under my skin and I just starting to see poker as one huge Bullshit.

Maybe I don't have enough nerves for poker and it's time to admit defeat and quit poker forever. I really feel like quitting this challenge.
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      P.s. also it seems i got a gold status now !
    • NLgr1nd3r
      NLgr1nd3r
      Bronze
      Hand 1 is a flip and I would play the same as villain did.
      Hand 2 is an clear fold after a 4bet allin by villain. You only have TPTK.
      Hand 3 well played and the maniac got lucky. Give him the color you mark fishes with and a make a note.
    • Davidbzr
      Davidbzr
      Bronze
      what is your username on ps?
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      On 2nd hand I had a HUD stat that he is a lose player so i put him on flush, but now I think its better to avoid coin flips
    • Davidbzr
      Davidbzr
      Bronze
      Hey I play at your stake frequently, maybe you've seen me around, I'm David Bizar
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Hi Davidbzr, since it zoom with many volume I really cant remember names :-) How are you doing in this stake? Hopefully better than me :D
    • Davidbzr
      Davidbzr
      Bronze
      pretty good, what's your username?
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      all 3 of them hands are played badly, 3betting a postflop reraise is never a good idea unless your playing vs a maniac, when villain 2bets the flop we can assign him a range of 2 pair + or flush draws, for a start we need to know villain actually plays FD's this way, if we have no info I would fold to every postflop reraise in them hands.

Now lets say villain does 2bet FD's on the flop by shoving he calls with 2 pair + and FDs and has a 40% chance to win the hand with the worst part of his range anway, so a call is the best option, we could shove over the turn if villain bets or check call again and check fold to any river that completes a FD, in my experience though in micro stakes players ten to check the turn after semi bluff raising the flop with FD's and bet all two pairs, so I actually prefer to fold to a turn bet by villain since its most likely he has 2pair or better, and if he checks we can now narrow his range down to strong draws and bluffs and shove and hope he now calls with a 20% chance instead of 40%
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Davidbzr I think Id like to remain anonymous if that's ok

FrozenElf all of them HUD's were as lose players, sorry it seems Holdem manager doesnt copy HUD stats.

I think you have a point with calling instead
      Although on my experience you can extend more value from players with flush draw if you put them all in on flop cause on turn they will fold. Also you dont give them cheaply to see turn

Here is another bad beat from today that you may like more

The opponent stats: VP 48 PF38 AG%75 3b 25.0
      My equity on flop 76%

Hero (SB): $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $2.43 (121.5 bb)
      UTG: $2.21 (110.5 bb)
      MP: $2.80 (140 bb)
      CO: $2.45 (122.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.20 (60 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q Q
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB folds, MP calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) T 9 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.88 and is all-in, MP calls $1.48

Turn: ($4.02) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($4.02) 4 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $4.02 pot ($0.14 rake)
      Final Board: T 9 4 6 4
      Hero showed Q Q and lost (-$2 net)
      MP showed 9 8 and won $3.88 ($1.88 net)

NLgr1nd3r why would you have played first hand the same as vilain/ With flush draw on flop you only have like 40% chances to catch a flush and that's not profitable in a long run
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Today's update
      2507 hands
      Profit + 21.52$

So after yesterday i stil felt bitter and quite tired of poker and didn't play all dya but turned at the end of the day and BOOM had the best hot run in this week and in few hours i won everything what I lost in those terrible 2 hours yesterday and I'm back on my highest point during this bankroll challenge around 47$ Fucking Poker, am I right?

Whats interesting that I wasn't eve playing loose or anything, in fact very tight but I just got perfect flops vs recreational players/bad tags

i guess the lesson here is that I should take bad beats/sickouts and recreational players bad plays/ good flops as both sides of the poker. As fundamentals would say the important thing is to win more than to lose and hence being profitable or smthk.

I remember listening audio book "The Mental Game of Poker " by Jared Tendler and Barry Carter some years ago and one thing that stuck with me is when they suggested that you should like all bad beats because this is why all recreational player and fishes are still playing poker and without bad beats there wouldn't be any fishes to make money from. I guess that's one good way to keep you calm .

Anyway my poker mood is better now and I think Im up to put bigger volumes tomorrow. Ill aim to play 16k hands tmw. Obviously there will be difficult spots and ill catch some suck outs and bad beats so I have mentally prepare myself to face other side of the coin.

Since my bankroll management is quite lose i may will try NL5 tmw

Oh and also Ill play only 3 tables. Today and yesterday while being up I was playing 3 tables. Just when i start to play 4 tables i lose all money and yesterdays downswing happened on 4 tables. So you don't have to be a genius to realize that Im not ready for 4 tables and my optimal is 3 tables.
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Weekend and week one update

So on Friday I gave some shots on NL, but it didnt go my ways. on Saturday I had a small upswing and then I got totally crushed on Sunday. Nothing went my way and I end up week with 30 thousands hands and only apfetic +19$ profit. So pafetic and frustrating. I have serious doubts again if poker is for me and maybe I should quit challenge. My week graph:
      [b]Week one - 30 000 hands
      + 19$[/b]

On the other hand I feel that I still need to improve my post-flop. Here are some examples:

Set on flush Set on a flush

AA and c-bet faces a shove AA face 4bet on flop

QQ on multipot - QQ on multipot

If I wont update this blog consider that I did quit : -(
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Day 7 report
      Hands: 4785
      Profit: +0.93$

Some bulshit rolercoaster here because of many my own mistakes. How does anyone play blinds is it ok to go all in with KK QQ JJ on SB ? cause such play is losing me money

SB: $2.06 (103 bb)
      BB: $2.77 (138.5 bb)
      UTG: $2 (100 bb)
      MP: $2.17 (108.5 bb)
      CO: $1.34 (67 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K K
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB raises to $0.22, Hero raises to $0.54, BB raises to $0.86, Hero raises to $2 and is all-in, BB calls $1.14

Flop: ($4.01) 8 2 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: ($4.01) J (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($4.01) 7 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $4.01 pot ($0.14 rake)
      Final Board: 8 2 9 J 7
      BB showed A A and won $3.87 ($1.87 net)
      Hero showed K K and lost (-$2 net)
    • lkdr9494
      lkdr9494
      Bronze
      Originally posted by churchilland
      Weekend and week one update

If I may ask how many hours a day are you playing?
      I play like 4 hours a day and play like 2k hands. I see you playing over 4k hands.
      When you play you have to be focused, tilt is not your only enemy, one gets tired and stressed.
      Review your sessions. If you are making too many mistakes you need to play less, more focused.
      Good luck!
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      lkdr9494 it depents,

here is my last week stats with length of sessions:

I agree what you said about finding optimal amount of tables and time. As I wrote before Im working on my mindset and most of the times I played 3 tables because thats the most I can handle with good focus and whenever I feel tired I stop playing and take a break (usually after 1k hands but depends)

However Im working on increasing my stamina and be able to play 4 tables long hours because poker IMO at the end of the day is a game of volume