This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

From $20 to $2000 Poker zoom

• churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Day 8 report
      Hands: 4931
      Profit: +0.16

Another disappointed day with nothing to show up, maybe only some interesting spots:

Hand 1

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $2.72 (136 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      UTG: $1.06 (53 bb)
      MP: $2.89 (144.5 bb)
      CO: $2 (100 bb)
      BTN: $2.32 (116 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17) 6 Q T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, MP calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.49) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.44, MP raises to $0.88, Hero calls $0.44

River: ($2.25) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.08, Hero folds

Results:
      $2.25 pot ($0.08 rake)
      Final Board: 6 Q T 7 4
      Hero mucked A A and lost (-$1.12 net)
      MP mucked and won $2.17 ($1.05 net)

hand2: very tricky situation, i figure with KK he would have shoved on BB and I put on TT JJ and it was obvious that he didnt have a trips because snap shove usually in my experience indicates that he had stronf preflop didnt find A and want to shove. Big mistake, they can have KK on blinds

SB: $2.61 (130.5 bb)
      BB: $2.42 (121 bb)
      UTG: $3.06 (153 bb)
      MP: $2 (100 bb)
      CO: $4.29 (214.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.19, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.47) 4 4 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.28, SB raises to $2.41, Hero calls $1.52 and is all-in

Turn: ($4.07) J (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($4.07) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $4.07 pot ($0.14 rake)
      Final Board: 4 4 6 J 2
      SB showed K K and won $3.93 ($1.93 net)
      Hero showed Q Q and lost (-$2 net)

Hand3 : i put my oponent on KQ and I think i made a good river check:

SB: $9.91 (495.5 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $2 (100 bb)
      MP: $2.52 (126 bb)
      CO: $11.95 (597.5 bb)
      BTN: $4.92 (246 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K A
      Hero raises to $0.06, MP folds, CO calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.21) Q 8 K (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, CO calls $0.14, BTN calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.63) 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.36, BTN calls $0.36, Hero calls $0.36

River: ($1.71) A (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.82, BTN calls $0.82, Hero raises to $1.44 and is all-in, CO calls $0.62, BTN folds

Results:
      $5.41 pot ($0.19 rake)
      Final Board: Q 8 K 5 A
      Hero showed K A and won $5.22 ($3.22 net)
      CO showed K Q and lost (-$2 net)
      BTN mucked and lost (-$1.38 net)
    • darhem
      darhem
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by churchilland
      Today's update
      2507 hands
      Profit + 21.52$

Whats interesting that I wasn't eve playing loose or anything, in fact very tight but I just got perfect flops vs recreational players/bad tags

that's how you win at micros.
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      darhem I know:-) , I just wish that i always run in recreational players when I hit good and they hit something small :f_biggrin:
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Day 9
      Hands: 4,185
      Profit: +12.05

Question to anyone: Do you use run it twice option? If so all times or manually choosing spots if so which is good for run it twice? I personally don't use, cause Im already playing conservative and entering all in when Im sure that I dominant and in marginal situations I fold. Running twice maybe to help when you get bad beat, but also it would double the chances of suck out. I guess, I actually still not sure about this and would like to hear anyone else thoughts on how to make this option in your advantage.
    • itsSkyler
      itsSkyler
      Bronze
      Looks like you had a good day, long may it continue. I've always wondered about the run it twice option, never used it myself either but could be interesting if enough people actually use it in the first place? At the micro's I wouldn't imagine many fish/newer players would use it in the first place or even know about it to get any use out of it. I've just went on a run of my trips, AA's, KK's, QQ's all getting busted by worse. Earlier my QQ's went down against a 35o all in pre flop, so I think it would help in those situations, but again it all depends on people actually using it in the first place.
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Day 10
      Hands: 3563
      Profit: +0.24

well at least it's 3rd day with no losing... I still need to improve my c-bet range, anyone has a good videos or articles about it? i read the ones on PS never hurts to read more. What's everyone else strategy on c-bet? How often should I c-bet flop and turn with nothing on dry/ wet boards?
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      So does anyone else have a problem with HM HUD on zoom tables after PS update or is it just me?
    • lkdr9494
      lkdr9494
      Bronze
      Hey man, how much are you c-betting? I believe every material out there says you should c-bet over 70% of the flops, but that's not right assuming one hits a flop like 2 in 5 times. The most important thing you have to keep in mind is making sure your story makes sense.
      When I'm out of position I c-bet if I believe my hand is better for value or if I believe my hand is worse, he didn't hit and the flop is helpful, you know with no draws and overcard. A lot of requirements. If these aren't met I check/fold. Lost 3BB. Let's leave it there.
      If I'm in position I c-bet if I hit or if I'm drawing or again if I believe I can fold a better hand. Here it depends on the situation, but generally you should take the pot with air considering villain is out of position and surely didn't hit or you should get value from your hands easily acting last.

My conclusion: tighten your c-bets out of position, loosen your c-bets in position. Always take in consideration:
      1. What your opponent might be holding. (from the story he is telling)
      2. What your opponent thinks you might be holding. (from the story you are telling)
      3. The board.
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Hi lkdr9494,

i actually dont know how to look on HM to see my overall c-bet range but while im playing on HUD is around 70%.
      But I really need to improve turn c-bet on shorthand they so often call c-bet with small pairs and I can take them off the hand on turn but I need to recognize when its small pair and when they actually on draw, now im afraid to try and end up giving up the hand if i have nothing and they call c-bet so a bit of the leak.

what you described c-bet out of position, isnt called donk bet? I personally dont do cause I think TAGs wont respect donk bets i feel better player in sitaution when you think opponent didnt hit and you are above is to 3bet their c-bet cause then you also get their c-bet money

thanks solid advices
    • lkdr9494
      lkdr9494
      Bronze
      I have PokerTracker so I don't know exactly how it is in HM, but it should be in statistics with your VPIP, PFR and that stuff.

About the c-bet turn, always see what comes, if your hand can improve and your position.
      If your hand can improve, but you are out of position, lay it down, unless you know villain has something that won't be able to lay down even if you hit.

C-bet out of position is not always a donk bet.
      When you bet the flop after being the raiser pre-flop, your bets are called c-bets. You are continuing with the aggression.
      If you call a raise pre-flop out of position and bet the flop that's a donk bet. You don't have the initiative what are you doing?
      Donk bets are usually to defend your hand against a draw. Some people donk bet when they hit hard the flop and don't want to risk villain not betting. It's a tool, not a regular one, but sometimes it's the right thing to do.

I'd say always c-bet if the flop agrees with your range. If that's the case villain will only call if he thinks he has you beaten. So you fold. And always when you bluff make sure the story makes sense.
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Day 11
      Hands: 3556
      Profit: $10.10
      Starting challenge bankroll: 20$
      Current bankroll: $60.65

So in the beginning I had issues with HUD and played almost all my hands without HUD. Which was a bit refreshing since Holdem manger takes alot of ram and without them I can run poker software more smooth and can focus on cards more without stats distraction. But at the end i went back to HUD and it seems that HM works fine for me.

Overall Im very disappointed in my performance. I still do stupid mistakes (even if one that's too much) and played too little hands. All means that Im not ready to be real grinder. Hope to be better next day
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Took a break on saturday, but Im on for sunday, hope to have the biggest volume this week

• churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Poker at night

Does anyone else tried to play micro-stakes at night? Night used to be a gold mining but not anymore. Poker profit comes from fishes and it seems none left at night. I thought that some Brazilian fishes or from other continent will be there and less Europe sharks, but I played many nights and nothing comparing with games at after 18 oclock. Today i lost 17$ in just two hours time. So frustrating to lose all week profit and poker really starts to make me depressive, it's really hard to not being able to talk to anyone during downswings and have this interest all for yourself.
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by churchilland
      Poker at night

Does anyone else tried to play micro-stakes at night? Night used to be a gold mining but not anymore. Poker profit comes from fishes and it seems none left at night. I thought that some Brazilian fishes or from other continent will be there and less Europe sharks, but I played many nights and nothing comparing with games at after 18 oclock. Today i lost 17$ in just two hours time. So frustrating to lose all week profit and poker really starts to make me depressive, it's really hard to not being able to talk to anyone during downswings and have this interest all for yourself.
      Nights are still good! What you said holds true. You may just had a bad day with a lot of variance.

Not only there are brazilian fish, but a lot of canadians as well. Heck, I'm always sitting right next to a Canadian if I don't have him on my database on the nights hehe
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      thanks Volrath89, I may had variance+bad plays cause in about two hours I got all loses back because of many recreational players simple giving me money. in my experience around 6 am UK time is the most profitable
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Day 12
      Hands: 4902
      Profit: 2.42

After the night session I felt tired and didn't play all day (slept mostly) really embarrassed In my stamina and performance, really should take healthier schedules.

Week 2 report :
      Hands: 26290
      Profit: +26.12$
      Starting bankroll: 20$
      Current bankroll: 62.72$

Technically I didn't have a single losing day, but of course there's no proud of finishing with 10BB after 5000 hands on NL2 With volume that I put on I really believe I could made bigger profits, Secondly I really should have even bigger volume of hands.

Final thing is my red line. Its too huge and basically my all money wend away on non=showdown. Which indicates that I either not fighting for blinds, playing with draws that dont hit ect. I really have to improve my red line and I can start with w34z3l videos about red line.

Next week goals:

to have 50 000 hands
        To move to NL5 at least
        To improve my red line
        to have more healthier approach to poker, play with good mindset, not tired, put workouts in my schedule so Id have clear mind and good focus
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Wow, you really put a lot of hands, I think you should find a balance though.

Playing that much is definitely not the best for your game, I find myself pretty tired and not playing my A game on the last sessions of the day(night actually) ...

And I "only" play 3-4k hands per day!

You should be crushing NL2 in bb/100 and not so much in hands/day hehe, I think the volume should be done a little bit higher to have better profits
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Yes i agree balance is essential, that's why i do warm ups and still playing only 3 tables because i don't think Im ready for A game and good analysis with 4 tables and stop when Im tired too, however in a long run Poker is a game of volume and if I want to achieve anything in Poker I feel I need to slowly prepare myself for more and more volume.

Im starting to think about getting into mediation or yoga too. I looked skeptical whenever i heard that any pro do meditation or yoga, but now I start understand how important is to train your mindset for poker and yoga or meditation may be the tool to do that.
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Talking about poker education, Im just gonna copy this good course list from bonecore previous challenge:

Course 1: Master the Pre-flop Game
      Lesson 1: OpenRaising & Calling Ranges
      Lesson 2: 3-betting Ranges
      Lesson 3: Crushing pre-flop - live
      Course 2: Mastering Poker Math
      Lesson 1: Odds & Outs and Pot Equity
      Lesson 2: Implied Pot Odds
      Lesson 3: Fold Equity - Learn to Bluff

Other from Bierbaer:
      Crushing in 3-bet pots - Maximizing EV in resteal spots
      Crushing in 3-bet pots - Exploiting aggressive 3-bettors and 4-bettors
      Crushing in 3-bet pots - Exploitative flop play in 3-bet pots
      Leakfinder with Bierbaer
      Leakfinder with Bierbaer - Part 2
      Leakfinder with Bierbaer - Part 3
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      w34z3l's 6max walkthrough link
      Episode 1 - Preparing for Takeoff
      Episode 2 - You Raise, I 3bet
      Episode 3 - Like a HUDless chicken
      Episode 4 - C-Betting and Planning
      Episode 5 - Dismantling 3betters
      Episode 6 - Can you Feel the Maths Tonight?
      Episode 7 - Population reads
      Episode 8 - 3-bet pots out of position
      Episode 9 - Defending from the Blinds
      Episode10 - Graduation-Live Zoom Session
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      10 Tips to get out of the Micros
      #1 Steal more
      #2 Fold less on the blinds
      #3 Squeeze and cold 4bet
      #4 Flat more on the Button
      #5 Bet the right flops
      #6 Mental Game
      #7 Attack checks
      #8 Use stats wisely
      #9 Overfold against agression
      #10 Wrapping it up - Live session
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Constructing Cold-Calling Ranges
      Constructing Preflop Ranges - Part 1
      Perfecting Preflop Play - Part 1
      Perfecting Preflop Play - Part 2
      Perfecting Preflop Play - Part 3
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Climbing the Stakes
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      1.Red Line Rampage - Myths and Realities
      2.Red Line rampage - Printing Money Preflop
      3.Red Line Rampage - Blind Efficiency
      4.Red Line Rampage - Multi-way Pots
      5.Red Line Rampage - Free Money
      6.Red Line Rampage - Flop Fighter
      7.Red Line Rampage - Bluff Barrels
      8.Red Line Rampage - Turning It Up
      9.Red Line Rampage - Party on the 4th Floor
      10.Red Line Rampage - Defending the Fort
      Red Line Rampage - Question Time
      Red Line Rampage - Database Analysis Live
      Red Line Rampage - Quiz
      Red Line Rampage - Advanced PokerTracker4
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Day 13:
      Hands: 2565
      Profit -18.27$

I was under weather but still decided to play even if I felt bad and well the result proves again why you should play when you don't feel ok. However even if wouldn't done mistakes that I did i still run badly, running into many sets and apparently NL2 players learned how to disguise their sets :

Hero (SB): $2.07 (103.5 bb)
      BB: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      UTG: $3.74 (187 bb)
      MP: $1.61 (80.5 bb)
      CO: $0.98 (49 bb)
      BTN: $2.98 (149 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K K
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, BB folds, BTN calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.38) 3 4 J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BTN calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.82) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.46, BTN calls $0.46

River: ($1.74) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.21, BTN calls $1.21

Results:
      $4.16 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: 3 4 J 7 9
      Hero showed K K and lost (-$2.07 net)
      BTN showed 4 4 and won $4.01 ($1.94 net)

SB: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2 (100 bb)
      UTG: $2.50 (125 bb)
      MP: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      CO: $3.99 (199.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.11 (55.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A K
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.11

Flop: ($0.33) 6 8 A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.73) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.62, CO calls $0.62

River: ($1.97) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.02 and is all-in, CO calls $1.02

Results:
      $4.01 pot ($0.14 rake)
      Final Board: 6 8 A 4 5
      Hero showed A K and lost (-$2 net)
      CO showed 8 8 and won $3.87 ($1.87 net)

So now Im approaching two weeks in this challenge and I don't know If I should be happy that I didn't go busted or should I be sad that Im still in NL 2 I think Il go with the mix of both