Low Stakes = Bingo

• TuElite
      TuElite
      Bronze
      Yesterday and Today are my 2 worst days since I started playing with the 50$ starting capital. I've lost 15$ in 2 days playing 0.02$-0.04$.

I'm playing SSS on PartyPoker and I feel the low stakes that I play is almost pure luck.

Today I completely dominated a guy heads-up. I was playing a regular 7 players game and then everybody quit leaving only me and 2 other guys. I had never played heads-up before but I'm really confident about my heads-up game since I'm really good after the flop and to out-smart people.

So I went on and dominated both of them I was up like 15$+ which is a lot at this limit. The guy re bought like 3 times. At some point I flopped a set of Jacks and bet it aggressively, the guy being a complete donkey and the calling station that he is kept on calling me so I pushed all-in, he called, had nothing but a flush draw, hit is flush on the river. I've been crushing the guy for 2 hours, stealing all his money, and in one single shot, he got it all back....

I'm so pissed right now, it takes so munch time to make money playing SSS NoLimit 0.02$-0.04$ ! I play great and still loose to TERRIBLE players.

I really want to move up the limits, I know I'm good enough to be a consistent winner against people that play Poker and not Bingo. But at the same time I know that Bankroll Management is one of the most important thing for long term success.

Any tips on what to do would be appreciated.
  • 8 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      learn BSS or SnGs
      but yet try FL
    • TuElite
      TuElite
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      learn BSS or SnGs
      but yet try FL
      Yeah I want to play SnGs but right now I feel my bankroll is too small for both BSS and SnGs...
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Well, you should start by re-reading the articles. It is impossible play SSS at NL5 due to the higher buyin limit (20 bb is MAXIMUM for SSS). Also, just the fact that you tried to play heads-up with SSS proves that you haven't grasped the basic strategy at all.
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Well, you should start by re-reading the articles. It is impossible play SSS at NL5 due to the higher buyin limit (20 bb is MAXIMUM for SSS). Also, just the fact that you tried to play heads-up with SSS proves that you haven't grasped the basic strategy at all.
      I agree. SSS is simpler than BSS but you must follow the carts basically to the T or you are going to get burned alot.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by TuElite
      Today I completely dominated a guy heads-up. I was playing a regular 7 players game and then everybody quit leaving only me and 2 other guys.
      other thing is that SSS is not for 7 handed table

You could start NL10 with $50: BRM article

re-read some articles and crush them!

:spade: Good luck :spade:
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      And you should leave the table when you have 25BB, which you definately didn't do.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      He actually joined the table with more than 25bb since its nl5.
    • TuElite
      TuElite
      Bronze
      Okay...

When I played my first game at PP I joined a 0.02-0.04$ and yeah I saw that the minimum buy-in was more then 20 BB so I bought in with the minimum and I've been playing like that ever since.

I though that 0.05-0.10$ would also have a minimum buy-in exceeding 20 BB....

Wow, my mistake...

I'm gonna go try 0.05-0.10 right away ! Maybe that will be better.

@Fongie, when it got down to heads-up, I wasn't playing SSS anymore, LOL, I know that's impossible to do, I'm not stupid.