Fish on a heater - Get Rich or Die Tryin' - Holiday BRM

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Hi All! Time for me to get back on the poker blog bandwagon. I am joining the "Get Rich or Die Trying" challenge. Hopefully this will give me some more motivation to work on my game and hit some targets. I just got off the back of trying out KTU's Tankroll Management Strategy where I managed to run about $160 up to $1k in about a month. I ran way above EV during this time and appreciate that this level of success is not sustainable over the longterm. In any case I plan to start a new challenge using KTU's Holiday BRM strategy to take $1K up to $5K. Hopefully I run just as well as before :f_thumbsup:

Goals
      Poker
      :spade: join and maintain a "Get Rich or Die Trying" blog
      :spade: Increase BR by a minimum of 5 times from $1050.87 to $5255.00 by 21st March 2016
      :spade: My overall goal is to use money earned through poker ( both live and online) to contribute to a potential holiday in Thailand in March / April. I plan to use 50% of any monthly profit withdraw from my BR and save for this goal. 50% will go to grow my BR. I will outline the breakdown in each weekly update of my Blog.

Fitness / Health
      :heart: To attend Crossfit a minimum of 3 times a week
      :heart: To run at least 2 times per week
      :heart: to maintain a clean diet - similar to the following plan - Nutrition

:heart: Get at average of 7 hours sleep/night
  • 7 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey muel294,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Time for a weekly update.

Poker:
      Playing:
      :spade: Played 4021 hands mostly at NL25 with a few failed shots @ NL50
      :spade: Online Bankroll now at $986.67 so -$64.20 on last week. But I'm okay with that since I think that I have been playing okay. I just ran bad when taking the shot.
      Shot taking though....

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $74.61
      SB: $144.06 (VPIP: 27.50, PFR: 22.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 40)
      BB: $89.68 (VPIP: 18.05, PFR: 15.79, 3Bet Preflop: 6.67, Hands: 137)
      UTG: $52.11 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
      MP: $61.84 (VPIP: 25.25, PFR: 18.18, 3Bet Preflop: 7.50, Hands: 100)
      CO: $102.28 (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 100.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has T:diamond: T:club:

fold, MP raises to $1.50, fold, Hero calls $1.50, fold, fold

Flop: ($3.75, 2 players) 4:heart: 3:heart: T:heart:
      MP checks, Hero bets $2.68, MP raises to $9.00, Hero calls $6.32

Turn: ($21.75, 2 players) 4:club:
      MP bets $13.50, Hero calls $13.50

River: ($48.75, 2 players) 3:club:
      MP bets $37.84 and is all-in, Hero calls $37.84

MP shows 3:spade: 3:diamond: (Four of a Kind, Threes)

(Pre 19%, Flop 7%, Turn 2%)
      Hero shows T:diamond: T:club: (Full House, Tens full of Fours)
      (Pre 81%, Flop 93%, Turn 98%)
      MP wins $121.93

:spade: Played Live 22.09 - Had cashed out the vast majority of my live roll for non-poker expenses and due to the fact that I thought I may have to quit live poker. So I had £139.50 remaining in my roll. Played a £25+£5 + optional £10 rebuy £1200 GTE w/ £110 dealer bounty. So I essentially paid £40.00. Finished 3rd for £280.00, so +£240.00. Got :Ac: :4c: AIPF 10bb eff first in OTB and got tank called by chip leader w/ K7o. :Kx: in the window....sigh.

Then played some £1/£1 NLHE cash. Game was pretty soft with only 2 other regs, one of whom is a bad reg and 4 recreational players. In for £100. Finished £270.00 so + £170.00

Current Live Bankroll: £549.50
      YTD Profit/Loss: £1,703.00

Learning:
      - Watched and made notes on 3b pots IP as Caller and "c-betting and planning" from W34z4ls series' of Videos.
      - Analysed and commented on a couple of HH's in the forums.
      - HH analysis of a some hands marked for review in my Database. Have not posted anything this week, which is something must work harder at.
      - Continued reading "Excelling at NLHE" - Some of it's contents is clearly geared towards live poker, in particular tournaments. Where as other sections are geared more towards online poker, altough there is plenty of overlapping content and sections throughout. I'm currently really enjoying Alexander Fitzgeralds contribution on "Range Analysis" and how to correctly analyse hands. I'm hoping to apply some of the concepts he talks about in this section in regards to using Flopzilla, the efficiency of steals and various bets and raises (c-bets, barrelling, check/raises etc.) in the anlaysis of some hands which I may include in this blog.

Fitness / Health
      :heart: Attend crossfit 3 times / week - Failed - Attended twice.
      :heart: Run twice / week = Failed - didn't run
      :heart: Maintain a clean diet = Failed - ate all kinds of nonsense, the less said the better.
      :heart: Get at least 7 hours sleep / night = Success - at least that's one win!
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Week 2 - 28/09 05/10

Targets / Goals

Poker:
      :spade: Re-read and summarise notes on " 3b-pots IP as caller" and "c-betting and planning".
      :spade: Conduct HH analysis on some hands using methods outlined in the Chapter on "Range Analysis" by Alex Fitzgerald In "Excelling at NLHE". Focusing on HH's in 3b pots as the caller IP/OOP and opportunities for c-betting and barrelling.
      :spade: Play live once.
      :spade: Watch a video and make notes re: 4-betting. Preflop and postflop play. (read an article?)
      :spade: Review some spots where there was a 4-bet opportunity / postflop in 4b pots.

Fitness / Health
      :heart: Attend Crossfit 3 times
      :heart: Run 2 times
      :heart: Maintain diet
      :heart: Maintain 7hours / night (excluding when I play live - I will get the sleep following the session)
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He muel294,

are you still running? I saw you around the block...
      Naaah,just kidding - how is it going on the tables? We were missing your update for our Bankroll Challenge: Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Yeah I've had some issues with my pc and internet connection lately, amongst other things, so was unable to get the figures from my DB this last week. Will update asap. I will have to take a yellow card on the chin :sorry:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      no worries, just entered 0 hands, 0 profit...
      CU next week then!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He muel294,

seems i am a regular guest here?
      Did you solve your PC problems in the meantime? Still looking forward to your updates & GL at the tables!

Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread

CU,SvenBe