[NL2-NL10] Nl20 Sss 77

• bkbart
      Known players:

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:club: , 7:diamond: . MP2 posts a blind of $0.25.
      2 folds, MP2 checks, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.25, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB folds, MP2 calls $1.25, CO calls $1.25.

Flop: ($4.75) 9:heart: , 8:club: , 9:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.85 (All-In), MP2 folds, CO calls $3.85.

Turn: ($12.45) 5:club:
      River: ($12.45) T:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $12.45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, nines and sevens (7c 7d)
      CO shows a straight, queen high (Qd Jd)

CO wins with a straight, queen high (Qd Jd)
  • 5 replies
    • exorcism
      even though his play was bad, your play wasn't that good.

you don't have much of a hand and two opponents after you. don't bet in this situation.
    • burek2000
      Vs. 2+ villains I push only made hands. I agree the board most likely didn't hit any of them, but still, multiway pots are reserved for made hands on the flop imo. If you would be lucky, all of you will check till river and you'll take the pot, other than that I think giving up the hand is better.
    • TheBrood
      Dont raise into stations with 77 since you have 0 FE. Specially oop.

He has odds for his call on the flop since you have SS.

Against stations play good, made hands, even IF you are ahead he has good chances for suckout against your marginal hand.
    • Fongie
      ^ Are you telling him not to raise a starting hand? Of course he should! Pfr was good, flop was bad. 77 on that board is neither an overpair, a top pair top kicker nor a set, and without a made hand you do NOT conti-bet against 2 opponents.

So, check flop.
    • Gerv
      Hello Bkbart,

Preflop is okay :)
      Postflop, you are in a pot with 3 players on a flushy board. Since you have to consider your pocket sevens as trash because there are overcards on the board, you cannot go all-in here to be profitable in the long run.

Therefore I suggest you check/fold accordingly.

If you had A K, I still do a check/fold since you did not hit anything against 2 other players

Best regards,