ahh the timing

• delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      spending more time studying than playing recently I had resigned myself to the fact that I would lose gold status at the end of this month, until Pokerstrategy kindly offered to double all ps points earned through party for these 3 days.

So I decided to sneak away from work early today, open 6 tables and grind like I have never grinded before, hoping to earn enough points that I could cruise through to gold status for another month.

What happens next? Party Poker kicks me out for site maintenance. goddammit
  • 6 replies
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darn... til what time is the maintenance???
    • jarkko
      jarkko
      Bronze
      The server seems to be back now, but my PartyPoints have dropped from 59 (last I remember this morning) to 41. WTF? This really sucks because the points are tied to the kickback I get for the initial investment (i.e. $25 for every 150 strategy points).
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jarkko
      This really sucks because the points are tied to the kickback I get for the initial investment (i.e. $25 for every 150 strategy points).
      What do you mean, party points? And if so, man that really sucks! :( I would be firing off some e-mails by now. Hope you get that sorted out! :)
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Well, I think I've lost about half of my party points today due to the software upgrade...

And what happened to the loyality levels etc? Did the rules change? Where can I find some info on that?
    • jarkko
      jarkko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mikelstwe

What do you mean, party points? And if so, man that really sucks! :( I would be firing off some e-mails by now. Hope you get that sorted out! :)
      Yes, PartyPoints, the loyalty points at PartyPoker that are then translated to StrategyPoints here with a 1:1.5 ratio. I'm still a beginner so I'm trying to earn the bonus $100 on top of the initial $50. I can collect it in chunks of $25 for every 150 strategy points earned.

Of course, today is the last double points day here for PartyPoker, so the timing of the server meltdown/upgrade couldn't have been more unfortunate.

I already sent a support request to PP regarding this. If I don't hear back from them soon, I'll send another mail to PokerStrategy support, so that they'll at least be aware of the situation. I'll keep you posted as the situation clears up.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      wonder if we could ask ps for another day of double points since we lost one :)