Busto 20+ times Starting from $500 on PS.

• dddq8842
      dddq8842
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Let me introduce myself and my past.

I dropped out of high school in my senior year, and didn't do much till now besides working few jobs that I couldn't keep for more than 6 months.
      I started playing poker in 2011 and I still struggle online winning on regular basis due to poor brm and tilt issues and not understanding math correctly to my advantage. My intuitive poker skills may be above average and it lead me to bink a few tournaments on pokerstars.
      I was also smoking pot heavily between 2007-2015. Late August 2014, I decided to stop using completely and take poker seriously to pursue it as my career. I relapsed in January 2015 and I decied to battle my addiction in June and I'm completely clean now and do not want to go through the withdrawal and have a chemically balanced brain to achieve my goals in poker.

Here are my biggest wins on PS
      Big22 in 2013 for 9.5k
      Hot33 in 2014 for 7.3k
      Big 5.50 in Jan 2015 for 5.3k.
      After winning the Big 5.50 in January this year for 5.3k. I again started playing without much thought process and just auto pilot all my decisions with terrifying brm just playing any type of satellites. After the relapse early January I've forgotten most of what I learned from my coach in 2014 September after winning the Hot33 for 7.3k.

I still don't understand these concepts.
      1. How my equity is relevant to pot odds and how they change my decision. Say I'm getting 2:1 in pot odds. 33%. I need my hand to win 33% of the time ? Does KJs win 33% of the time vs his range? How would you put villain on certain ranges of hands by looking at hud stats? Or am I understanding it COMPLETELY incorrectly?
      2. How to figure out my equity preflop vs multiple opponents?
      3. Push/Calling ranges relevant to stack size and positional stat of villain?
      4. Using Icmizer, HRC, Flopzilla.

If anyone here have ideas which part I should get started on before grinding I'll be glad to follow them.
      I will be taking everyone's advice seriously to gradually build my bankroll and take shots again in MTT by December this year.

Thanks.
  • 7 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello dddq8842

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

I’m not sure what kind of bankroll management you’re using, because for tournaments is smart to have at least 250 buy-inns of the highest limit that you’re going to play, because the swings in MTT’s and specially in fields with more than 1k players is huge.

I expect you have already a lot of MTT experiences based on you’re results, but it’s not to bad to check out the MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread for the basic information about MTT’s, but for you it should be familiar stuff. I think it can’t hurt to check that out sometimes.

You’re still a basic member and if you are interested in it you can always use 1 of our free money offers on a poker room you don’t have a account yet.

Concept points:
      1. It looks you understand the concept already, but you can always check the articles I post here:
      Ranges & Equity (1): Introduction to Ranges
      Ranges & Equity (2): Combos & Card Removal
      Ranges & Equity (3): Equity Introduction
      Ranges & Equity (4): Equity: Final Calls

2. you can read the articles I mention in point 1 and based on that you can ask some questions about it.

3. That’s a complicated concept and it’s difficult to explain in 1 post alone and the links I have already posted so far can help you a lot I think. Pushing and calling ranges you learn best with getting experience in it and posting hands on our Hand discussions for Tournaments board can help as well.

4. If you don’t know how icmizer and HRC works you can always check the [OFFICIAL Support Thread] HoldemResources Calculator and [OFFICIAL Support Thread] ICMIZER 2 - SNG analysis tool & SNG coach threads.

I expect this is enough info for now. Further I wish you all the best to crush the MTT’s you’re going to play :gl:

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • dddq8842
      dddq8842
      Bronze
      Hello, SDK1987

Thanks for the links above, I read the concepts in the links you've provided as I'll need practice to apply them consistently at the tables.

Few questions

1. Equity Introduction
      In the image I attached #7 from the quiz, I understand 6outs I have on the flop 6x4=24% Using rule of 2,4. But how is 6% added when counting backdoor flush
      draws or running QJ, 2 or 5 for a completed straight by the river giving me 30% equity on the flop?

2. Equity final calls.
      The example in this image which is from the quiz on lesson 4. The equity is 32% for my hand and pot equity is 29%, so I should call. But is there a
      different situation, where I'm calculating my equity on a draw instead of making a call on the river?
      What about in preflop all in call situations, Do I call when hand equity > odds to call or vice versa based on my assumptions on villains range?

Article I read on a different forum is this
      So one way to make this kind of decision is to compare the pot odds we’re being offered with the odds against
      making our hand. If the pot odds are bigger than the odds against making our hand, we should call. Otherwise we should fold.

3. When using Icmizer for situations where I'm not itm. I should be using ChipEv mode is correct?
      And for situations after itm, If I did not save or make a screenshot of the payout structure, can I always go back to sharkscope and find tournament id,
      then manually type in the prizepool and create a new tournament and type the payout structure?

Is there a big leak you could identify on my positional stats here? CC%?Vpip in the blinds?

I've started in 2011, and total profit is -20k till now so I must've been doing it wrong all this time. Bankroll management,tilt,etc.
      I must understand everything properly before I start playing again.

Truly appreciate your help.
    • murzius
      murzius
      Platinum
      ho ho , its close to me :D it's ulmost my game type :D
    • dddq8842
      dddq8842
      Bronze
      Originally posted by murzius
      ho ho , its close to me :D it's ulmost my game type :D
      What do you mean it's close to your game type? ?(
    • murzius
      murzius
      Platinum
      i mean , i am busto x time to .. and -- a lot :(
    • dddq8842
      dddq8842
      Bronze
      What do you think your reason was for going busto so many times?
      Where do you play from? I'm from Canada.
    • murzius
      murzius
      Platinum
      picking bad game for me. i was mtt. but switched to omaha so its way way more ..
      Lithuania