where to start learning PLO?

• cantunho
      cantunho
      Bronze
      Hello

I have benn playing NL holdem for years and never tried other varient. Today i woke up with the idea of learning PLO. For a guy who learn the rules of Omaha today what do you recomend to start whatch and read to become a good player at PLO?
  • 9 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      PLO from the Scratch. Free ebook, easy to find from the internet. Besides that Mental Game of Poker 1, you can get that as free audiobook too from here.
    • cantunho
      cantunho
      Bronze
      i will check it out.thanks alot
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      PLO from the Scratch. Free ebook, easy to find from the internet. Besides that Mental Game of Poker 1, you can get that as free audiobook too from here.

Many Players on 2+2 forum and other poker coaching się that i cant write due to tos of Ps says pLO from stratch is a bad place to start. Its little outdated and what is more its for full ring not 6 max. Its very nitish style.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Big Play Strategy book is for full ring, PLO from scratch is a good option to start imo. There aren't a lot of material for those who just start to learn PLO, that covers all the basics. And for free.

When you are learning the game, tighter is better. When you learn more and more, you can find the places to loosen up. If you try to play like pro's without the deeper understanding, you will just burn money and probably do a lot of bad decisions. In the worst case you learn bad habits which are hard to learn away from later.
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Ok, i would like to add that mathemathics and theorem in plo fro scratch is great. However Selection of hads preflop is to nity. I learn some bad habits from that amd still i fold to much good hands with equity. I am not sure about movies in eng plo section but in polish we got a great series made by lechrumski explaining very good many aspects including preflop.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      PLO from scratch bases the preflop section to Hwang's book Big Play Strategy, which is written long time ago for full ring nutpeddling. The book has REALLY good section about starting hands, explaining what makes a good PLO hand and why. Lechrumski's made videos for EN too (or they are dubbed?) which are great.
    • scopinad
      scopinad
      Bronze
      I have been watching Lechrumski's videos as I write for the past two days, very good material, awesome.

But for starters, I would read Jeff Hwang's books first. Even if they are old, it's a start, there is not much material about PLO around.
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Silver
      Originally posted by scopinad
      I have been watching Lechrumski's videos as I write for the past two days, very good material, awesome.

But for starters, I would read Jeff Hwang's books first. Even if they are old, it's a start, there is not much material about PLO around.
      Where I can find his videos?
      TY!
    • Rhodriguez
      Rhodriguez
      Gold
      Where I can find his videos?
      right here on pokerstrategy - unfortunately (or maybe as a motivation) you will need the silver or even gold status to watch them.